April 20, 2024, 10:36:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: View Next/Previous Mod Target  (Read 1420 times)

lunker

• Apprentice
View Next/Previous Mod Target
« on: January 14, 2019, 04:02:35 pm »
I could not find a way to quickly change the Mod Target view from one source to another.  For example, if I am looking at the Mod Target view for LFO1, and want to see the Mod Target view for LFO2, the best way I can see to do it is to close the LFO1 Mod Target view, and then re-open the Mod Target view for LFO2.

I think it would be helpful if there was a way to switch to the next/previous source in the Mod Target view without having to close the view.  Perhaps with the left/right arrows on the computer keyboard?  Or maybe add left/right click-buttons above the "X" on the right-hand side of the Mod Target view?  This would let us quickly scroll through all of the sources without having to close/re-open the Mod Target view each time.

If there is already a way to do this, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:53:28 pm by lunker »
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
V Collection 5/6/7/8/9, Pigments, FX Collection 1/2/3
MiniLab mkII
REAPER (non commercial license)
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)

craftycurate

Re: View Next/Previous Mod Target
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:11 pm »
Yes there do seem to be a few clicks required when switching mod sources.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:02:20 am by craftycurate »

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:19:50 pm »
I could not find a way to quickly change the Mod Target view from one source to another.  For example, if I am looking at the Mod Target view for LFO1, and want to see the Mod Target view for LFO2, the best way I can see to do it is to close the LFO1 Mod Target view, and then re-open the Mod Target view for LFO2.

I think it would be helpful if there was a way to switch to the next/previous source in the Mod Target view without having to close the view.  Perhaps with the left/right arrows on the computer keyboard?  Or maybe add left/right click-buttons above the "X" on the right-hand side of the Mod Target view?  This would let us quickly scroll through all of the sources without having to close/re-open the Mod Target view each time.

If there is already a way to do this, please let me know.

+1

I find that a bit of a pain too.

Biome Digital

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 06:27:14 pm »
Sounds good. At the moment you have to click out and click "back in" to view a different mod. It's still the best mod matrix out there, but I think your idea would improve it further.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 07:01:38 pm »
Just in case you don't know, then you can use the Escape (ESC) key on your computer keyboard to close the mod source window.
You can also click anywhere outside.

Keep in mind that if you only get the arrow function to step thru modulators, then you might have to click many times to get to the right modulator. Sometimes i agree that would add to the functionality.

I would like a direct selection somehow. But the mod source window shall not be smaller, so it's perhaps not as easy to just keep the head titles for the mods in a clear selectable view, even if that would help a lot. It would perhaps require some design changes.

lunker

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:52 pm »
Just in case you don't know, then you can use the Escape (ESC) key on your computer keyboard to close the mod source window.
You can also click anywhere outside.

Thanks!  Yes, I am aware of those methods.  It is nice to have a couple of options for how to close that window.

Keep in mind that if you only get the arrow function to step thru modulators, then you might have to click many times to get to the right modulator. Sometimes i agree that would add to the functionality.

I agree.  I think both methods would have their usefulness.  For example, arrowing back and forth would be useful to quickly see the targets assigned to adjacent sources (perhaps LFO1, LFO2, and LFO3).  Closing the window and re-opening it with a new source would be useful if you wanted to see the targets assigned to sources that are not near each other in the Mod Overview list (perhaps LFO1 and Binary).

Personally, I think this would be very useful when looking at presets I didn't design.  It would be really great to be able to quickly arrow through the Mod Target view for *ALL* of the sources to see which targets are assigned to each source, so that I can get an idea of how the preset works.  I know that when you hover over a source in the Mod Overview view, little colored dots appear in the sections where that source has a target (which is very useful), but that's not quite the same as seeing the full list in the Mod Target view (at least to me).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:38:05 pm by lunker »
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
V Collection 5/6/7/8/9, Pigments, FX Collection 1/2/3
MiniLab mkII
REAPER (non commercial license)
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines