April 19, 2024, 09:10:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clock function options  (Read 1277 times)

Benjamin AM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Clock function options
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:14:30 pm »
It would be Really nice to have an option for the clock to always be outputing regardless of start/stop of the Beatstep. Also it would also be great if the roll function/arpeggiator worked when the Beatstep was in stop mode. 

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Clock function options
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:07:06 am »
It would be Really nice to have an option for the clock to always be outputing regardless of start/stop of the Beatstep.

I think I've requested this before also and would love to have it implemented.  Currently I send my BSP to my Novation SL mk2 Zero and use it's flywheel clock function to send a constant MIDI tempo to other instruments and sequencers.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

redon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Clock function options
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 05:01:42 pm »
I've asked it too, no replies. the common reason that people bring for things being like that is that a sequencer usually behaves stopping his clock on stop.
WELL
this is awful for MIDI
analog clock stopping = no problems at all. it's analog, and as soon as there's signal, the cv's are triggered.
but MIDI clock= disaster. if the slave misses the note on signal before the clock start, it simply doesn't play. if the clock is sent after the note, the tempo is shifted, creating jitter.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE? in MIDI world, the start-stop commands can be sent as Machine control (realtime sysex) AND cc controls. nothing exoteric. PLUS - it's there already.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines