April 25, 2024, 05:09:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB MIDI jittery  (Read 3886 times)

standingwave

Re: USB MIDI jittery
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 10:31:36 pm »
A video documenting midiclock sync issues with the Matrixbrute.  I am using an Expert sleepers USAMO to send jitter free midi to the synth while recording.
https://youtu.be/_1Ajfp41BDc

sahmb

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 12:37:10 am »
I'd just like to add my voice to the mix and say, for me personally the midi jitter with the Matrixbrute has been a nightmare... I'm talking as much as 2 BPM fluctuations. Yes, actually 2, not .2. It jumps all over the place when sequencing and syncing with DAW (FL Studio, I've tried other DAW demos with the same problem) and even using the internal MB sequencer and recording into DAW, I can't seem to get everything to perfectly line up, which as everyone else has mentioned is very off-putting musically. I love this instrument, and I love creating sounds with it and I really hope these things can be fixed!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:05:04 pm by sahmb »

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 04:49:31 pm »
I would really like to know this:

Is there anyone out there, who can run the sequencer synced to an external source and get a really tight performance over the course of, lets say, a 3 minute song?

Like I said before, I mostly moved on to eurorack and the beautiful O Coast, and lately I am having some serious moments of enlightenment, which made me realize how much the sloppy sync was hindering me before. Tightness is absolutely crucial for a lot of electric genres after all.

Since the USAMO seems to not really have helped, is there anyone running a setup that produces really tight results with the MatrixBug, err, Brute?

standingwave

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
It is a registered bug that Arturia confirmed and are, hopefully, fixing with the upcoming firmware update.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 09:35:39 pm »
Oh, really? That's great! Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines