March 29, 2024, 10:53:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Panning Lfo for each engine?  (Read 852 times)

QAPT

• Apprentice
No Panning Lfo for each engine?
« on: February 05, 2022, 07:04:52 pm »
Forgive me if this is a newbie question but, is there no way to pan each engine individually without them through a filter? I really to put an LFO on the sample engines pan.. Mix Pan knob cant be automated for some reason..

LBH

Re: No Panning Lfo for each engine?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 09:27:35 pm »
Hi,

You are not the first to wonder about the Pan options.

The Filters have PAN parameters - not the Engines.

What Mix Pan parameter? And what do you mean, you can't automate it? The Filter Pan knobs can both be modulated and automated.

I agree that Pan parameters on each Engine would be nice to have. Especially when running the Filters in Seriel. You do have Multi Filters in the FX section for some alternative seriel filtering - but still.

Also it could be nice, if the Stereo Pan effects "Position" also could be set manually, and then be modulated if one wan't to, so it not allways has to depend on the automatic Motion Rate.

But are you sure, you can't do, what you wan't to do? Sometimes things also is about to use the parameters that excist, and not do things like one is used to from another synth. Often the result can be the same, if that's wanted.

QAPT

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 10:09:47 pm »
Hi,

You are not the first to wonder about the Pan options.

The Filters have PAN parameters - not the Engines.

What Mix Pan parameter? And what do you mean, you can't automate it? The Filter Pan knobs can both be modulated and automated.

I agree that Pan parameters on each Engine would be nice to have. Especially when running the Filters in Seriel. You do have Multi Filters in the FX section for some alternative seriel filtering - but still.

Also it could be nice, if the Stereo Pan effects "Position" also could be set manually, and then be modulated if one wan't to, so it not allways has to depend on the automatic Motion Rate.

But are you sure, you can't do, what you wan't to do? Sometimes things also is about to use the parameters that excist, and not do things like one is used to from another synth. Often the result can be the same, if that's wanted.

Yea sorry my original post was full of typos lol… I am trying to have a wavetable Engine going with a good sustain on it and have a short sample fly by your left and right ear back and forth on a 1/4 LFO. The Mix Pan is the knob in the sample engine’s edit tab… Its one of those knobs you cant automate… Upon noticing that I noticed that you cant pan any of the engines individually… I thought that was pretty standard with Synths like these…. So probably what i’ll have to do is find a way to run it through Bus B dispite all the other stuff i have going on and throw a Stereo Pan FX on it… I have to try when i get back in front of my computer
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 10:18:11 pm by QAPT »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »
Ahh - Yes those Pan parameters are for each sample in the Sample type Engine. Even if it was possible to modulate them, then it would'nt help on the other Engine types. And you would have to modulate all the used samples individually. But i think it should be possible to modulate them anyway. Don't know why we can't,. I have wondered about that. Perhaps it's an oversight from Arturia or because they are in the edit mode. But then again - it is possible to automate them in a DAW.

When you run Filters in Parallel, then you can route Each Engine individually to each filter. Then you can modulate the Filter Pans independent pr Engine > Filter and also > individual FX lines. So unless you have to use the two main filters in seriel mode, then it should be easy to do what you wan't. That's why i mentioned Seriel in my first post.
Even using the Stereo panner can work When you have the Filter routing set to Split. Then the main filters also does'nt run in Serie.

EDIT: Even when running the main Filters in seriel mode, then if you have Filter 2 set to normal stereo (Center), then you can modulate Filter 1 Pan free. Actually you can allways do that, but when moving Filter 2s pan, then it will affect what come from Filter 1. So if Filter 1 is panned fully left and Filter 2 is panned fully right, then you hear no output from Filter 1. But then again, - sometimes it can be a matter of using volumes to mix the sound, and then just not turn Filter 2 Pan fully to one side. EDIT END
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 11:01:51 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines