March 29, 2024, 12:03:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: miniMg 1.5 update problem  (Read 5815 times)

Dandood

miniMg 1.5 update problem
« on: April 30, 2005, 04:29:29 am »
After updating to version 1.5  I've noticed that MiniMg uses alot more processing power than it did before.   I've actually maxed out my g5 dual 2  with 1 instance of miniMg ( and about 4 other plugs).   Even when im not playing a note the processer is at about 3/4.   This doesnt seem right, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this difference?    Hope this is fixed in future updates or that at least the previous version is still available for DL.

Dan

poropat

Re: miniMg 1.5 update problem
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 10:24:54 am »
Quote from: "Dandood"
After updating to version 1.5  I've noticed that MiniMg uses alot more processing power than it did before.   I've actually maxed out my g5 dual 2  with 1 instance of miniMg ( and about 4 other plugs).   Even when im not playing a note the processer is at about 3/4.   This doesnt seem right, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this difference?    Hope this is fixed in future updates or that at least the previous version is still available for DL.

Dan

It's not an issue, I noticed the same behavior on my Pentium 4,
and Xavier explained to me, it's because VCO are in free running
on polyphonic patches, they work even you don't play.
It takes a lot of CPU of course, but sound is better quality like this.
In fact Arturia's choice is to emulate analog from digital, with the best
results, but of course it takes much CPU power, I think the function
"freeze" inside cubase wil be much usefull, because they'll do this
for other VST's too as CS80v, ARP2600...
VCollection 8

Dandood

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 03:12:30 pm »
thx for your  response.  Well personally it doesnt sound any better to me.  I run much better sounding plug ins, such as mini monsta, vanguard, Absynth, Atmosphere...  that dont max out my G5.  The whole reason that I spent $3000 on a dual g5 was so that I can run more plug ins.   Maxing out with 1 or 2 instances of a plug in  on a top of the line computer just doesnt seem right.  The CPU usage doesnt warrant the minor difference in sound, and that is a HUGE issue for me.  Im not about to go out and by a dual 2.7 just to accomadate this update.   anyway thx for your response.  anyone know where i can Download the previous update??

poropat

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 08:51:51 pm »
Quote from: "Dandood"
thx for your  response.  Well personally it doesnt sound any better to me.  I run much better sounding plug ins, such as mini monsta, vanguard, Absynth, Atmosphere...  that dont max out my G5.  The whole reason that I spent $3000 on a dual g5 was so that I can run more plug ins.   Maxing out with 1 or 2 instances of a plug in  on a top of the line computer just doesnt seem right.  The CPU usage doesnt warrant the minor difference in sound, and that is a HUGE issue for me.  Im not about to go out and by a dual 2.7 just to accomadate this update.   anyway thx for your response.  anyone know where i can Download the previous update??

you could find the previous version here:
http://ftp://ftp.arturia.net/pub/updates/

In fact now, users ask much from Arturia, for their VST could be
closed to original analog synth. But this, has a price, it's the price
of CPU. It's because of this even people buy VST's, they buy
analog devices on e-bay too. :)
In reality it's not possible to emulate analog device, but people
ask much from Arturia, Arturia do the job, they succeed
but CPU is tired. I think they can't avoid this, they do a great
job for optimizing algorithms, but at a moment needs to wait
the next CPU.
VCollection 8

jrmohler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What is the use then
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 06:46:18 pm »
If you can't use the miniMg playing live (or even a chord for that matter) what is the use of owning it?  You can make it sound like you want, but if you can't use it - what then?  No practicality.
Yes, thank you.

poropat

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 07:14:30 am »
Recently Arturia released CS80V 1.5, they improved it a lot,
and made it become lighter for CPU.
If they could do this for CS80V, hope they
could do this for MiniMgV.
VCollection 8

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines