November 13, 2019, 12:44:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?  (Read 894 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:39:31 pm »
I will be buying one of these, hopefully sooner than later. I'm wondering about this function, but a quick perusing of the manual leads me to believe it's not (currently) possible.
It really would be pretty awesome if the KeyStep could send a sequence to MIDI channel 1, then send another sequence to MIDI channel 2, and so on. Can this currently be done? I'm assuming no.
This space left intentionally blank.

megamarkd

• GAS BAGGER
Re: Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:17 am »
No it can't.  It is pretty quick and easy to change channel on the Keystep though.  If you are fast you could change  the channel then change the sequence maybe?
Waldorf, Korg, Arturia, Akai, Yamaha, Squarp, Etc,

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:12:56 pm »
No it can't.  It is pretty quick and easy to change channel on the Keystep though.  If you are fast you could change  the channel then change the sequence maybe?
That's what I figured, thanks.
I was hoping it might be possible to get a sequence going on one instrument MIDI channel, then switch to another and get another sequence going while the first continues. Plus more.
Fair nuf tho. Perhaps in a future hardware revision. :)
Part of the reason I've been holding off on buying a KeyStep is because I'm SURE that as soon as I buy one Arturia will announce a Mk2 or Pro version LOL
This space left intentionally blank.

MrBlue

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:32:38 pm »
However you can start a sequence and play another instrument when it is assigned to another MIDI channel. Just start the sequence and change MIDI channel ...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines