April 19, 2024, 07:11:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?  (Read 6402 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:39:31 pm »
I will be buying one of these, hopefully sooner than later. I'm wondering about this function, but a quick perusing of the manual leads me to believe it's not (currently) possible.
It really would be pretty awesome if the KeyStep could send a sequence to MIDI channel 1, then send another sequence to MIDI channel 2, and so on. Can this currently be done? I'm assuming no.
This space left intentionally blank.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Can KeyStep Send Separate Sequence to Different MIDI Channels?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:17 am »
No it can't.  It is pretty quick and easy to change channel on the Keystep though.  If you are fast you could change  the channel then change the sequence maybe?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:12:56 pm »
No it can't.  It is pretty quick and easy to change channel on the Keystep though.  If you are fast you could change  the channel then change the sequence maybe?
That's what I figured, thanks.
I was hoping it might be possible to get a sequence going on one instrument MIDI channel, then switch to another and get another sequence going while the first continues. Plus more.
Fair nuf tho. Perhaps in a future hardware revision. :)
Part of the reason I've been holding off on buying a KeyStep is because I'm SURE that as soon as I buy one Arturia will announce a Mk2 or Pro version LOL
This space left intentionally blank.

MrBlue

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:32:38 pm »
However you can start a sequence and play another instrument when it is assigned to another MIDI channel. Just start the sequence and change MIDI channel ...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines