April 26, 2024, 03:32:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Another xmas matrixbrute user question  (Read 1979 times)

turbo_kev

Another xmas matrixbrute user question
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:46:18 pm »
HI

Hi I am just getting used to the knobs and faders not reflecting there positions
until I move them past a certain point

Bu after watching vids and reading the manual

Am I wrong in thinking that if I press the panel button
I should here a sound made up from the knobs and faders present position

because I don't hear anything

cheers
Kev

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:39:43 pm by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

standingwave

Re: New xmas matrixbrute user question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:49:59 pm »
You are correct.
 In "panel mode" you will hear what the physical sliders and buttons are doing.

To troubleshoot your issue, follow the signal path as if it were water in a pipe. Make sure your oscillator is turned up, make sure the oscillator level is up in the mixer section, make sure that you are sending to one or both filters, make sure the filter is open and the filter level is up, make sure your VCA envelope is active and being triggered, and then make sure your master volume is up.
 If you're still not getting a sound after being sure it's set correctly, try reinstalling the firmware and try again.
 Good luck!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:19:42 pm »
...Hi I am just getting used to the knobs and faders not reflecting there positions until I move them past a certain point
Sound like you have the Hook mode selected for the knobs. Just in case you've not gotten around to checking it out, there are three different modes for how the knobs will react, from the manual:

"The MIDI Control Center software has three modes. In Hook mode you must sweep the knob until it catches its actual position before it has any effect. Jump mode means the voltage jumps to the knob position as soon as you move it; and Scaled mode scales the range of the knob based on the stored value and the physical distance to either extreme".

You can select the knob modes using the MIDI Control Center.

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:39:09 pm »
Many thanks for your answers

I now understand what's going on

Now I have another question

In sequencer mode I read that you can now have real time recording
by pressing the play & record buttons at the same time

but when I play it seems like my recording is still like a normal step recording
or its somehow quantised.    is this by design or does real time not mean real time ????
the way I understand it
cheers
kev
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:41:01 pm by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

standingwave

Re: Another xmas matrixbrute user question
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:45:22 pm »
It is in real time, but you're stuck with the resolution of the sequencer. It will, however, tie notes for you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines