April 20, 2024, 05:05:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 or Keylab 61 Essentials  (Read 3880 times)

Mikey.Maws

Keylab 61 or Keylab 61 Essentials
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:12:01 am »
Hi, soo I've been planning to buy get a Keylab 61, but I think they dont manufacture and sell them anymore since theres the Mk II now. So then I thought, well, I'd get the Mk II then, it looks really pretty anyways and the features just about the same, plus those back lights are sexy with the black edition. But then, I found out that it only has synth-action keys, unlike the Mk I that has semi-weighted keys(if i'm not mistaken).. Sooo, I kind of tried hard and found a few people and like 2 online stores that are selling used Keylab 61 Mk I, I have a MiniLab Mk I with the AnalogLab so i thought if I won't be able to get the plugins that comes with the Keylab, it wouldn't really hurt. Buuut, I still can't figure out if I should go for a brand new KL Essentials or just buy a used Mk I model.. so if you guys could give some opinions it would really help, should I go for the MK I or maybe the KL Essentials isn't that really bad even with the synth-action keys? (I would probably go with the Keylab 88 since it has hammer action keys, but I'm still a beginner so, I think the price is kinda too much for me.) Thanks!

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Re: Keylab 61 or Keylab 61 Essentials
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:51:06 pm »
What's a Keylab MkII? I'm not seeing anything like that. I see a MiniLab mk2, but that's a completely different product line. AFAIK the original keylab and keylab essentials both use the same synth action keybed, but I may be wrong about this. I use the fully weighted Keylab88.

deftinwulf

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Re: Keylab 61 or Keylab 61 Essentials
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 04:25:06 am »
Eric, https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-mkii/overview

I believe this post was original written before the Mk2 came out, so either he had the inside scoop, or he was talking about something else.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines