April 20, 2024, 01:04:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: two questions: one about mix output level; one about recording audio into a DAW  (Read 1663 times)

mwtzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, I've got two questions. The first one is about level. The level coming from the Mix Output is supposed to be line level, but it seems awfully low. I have to crank everything up to max - the Master Volume, the instrument Level, and the Gain on my console - and even when I do this, the level meter on my console barely shows anything. Does the Mix Ouput need to be plugged into a preamp or something before going into my console?

The second question is how to record the Drumbrute's audio into a DAW? Does the USB carry the audio signal, or do I connect the Mix Output into a separate Audio Interface on the computer?

Jussij17

• Apprentice
I can answer the second question, the audio does not go threw the usb cable you spoke of. You need to buy an audio interface. Then plug the Drumbrute from master out into that. Which will have a usb then going into your computer.

mwtzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks for your reply. Yep, someone on the gearslutz.com forum confirmed that for me as well.

As for the first question, it appears there is a recall on Drumbrute units addressing that issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines