March 28, 2024, 09:43:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: how to delete imported sample of wave data  (Read 2620 times)

Jpro600k

how to delete imported sample of wave data
« on: January 03, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »
Hi,
I am testing the wavetable function.
I want to delete imported sample of wave data.

Even if wave data is deleted from the imported directory, it will not disappear from the application.

1. Please tell me how to delete.
2.Where is the imported wav data stored?

LBH

Re: how to delete imported sample of wave data
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:31:12 pm »
Hi,

Even if wave data is deleted from the imported directory, it will not disappear from the application.
The data is imported/ copied to another folder. So deleting the originals will not remove the imported files.

1. Please tell me how to delete.
If you want to delete one of your wavetable banks, click the 'X' that appears when the cursor hovers over its name.

If you want to delete one of your wavetables, click the 'X' that appears when the cursor hovers over its name inside the wavetable bank.

Please have a look in the manual section 5.3.2.5. "Delete a wavetable bank" and section 5.3.2.6. "Delete a wavetable".

2.Where is the imported wav data stored?
On Windows it's in the hidden folder C:/ProgramData/ Arturia/ Samples/ Pigments/ User/....
You need to enable Windows to see hidden files and folders to find it.

I don't know where it is on a MAC. But i guess it's in the same place where the imported Preset folder is, but just in a Samples folders instead of a Preset folder.

Jpro600k

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:56:08 pm »
Hi,
If you want to delete one of your wavetable banks, click the 'X' that appears when the cursor hovers over its name.
If you want to delete one of your wavetables, click the 'X' that appears when the cursor hovers over its name inside the wavetable bank.
Please have a look in the manual section 5.3.2.5. "Delete a wavetable bank" and section 5.3.2.6. "Delete a wavetable".

Thank you very much for your kind response. All solved.
I did not carefully read the manual.
However,X will not be displayed unless you move the cursor to the X location.
design is fashionable as usual.

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:25:06 pm »
The message that appears when deleting an imported Wavetable is that it will impact any patches using it.

Is it possible for a check to be made to see if it is in use with any patches at all before deleting. If its not, its safe to delete.

This way unused Wavetables can be removed safely.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines