March 28, 2024, 09:08:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: RESET, SKIP and STOP buttons don't work when ARP 2600 V3 is used as a plug-in.  (Read 7257 times)

LBH

The sequencers big white buttons RESET, SKIP and STOP don't work when ARP 2600 V3 is used as a plug-in.
I use VST 3 in Studio One 3.
Perhaps it's the same when using other plug-in types.

The buttons work in stand alone mode.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi LBH,

I've no problem with those buttons with VS3 in Sonar platinium and with VST2 in Live...
Could you tell me more about how did you test that ?
.......testing.......

LBH

Hi Ben,

I many ways. The simple way is just playing a sequence, and when you stop playing you can't reset to step one using the White button.

The Skip and the Stop just don't work either. If you load a sequence then you should be able to use the Skip, but you can't.
And if you use the START/ STOP button it don't work either.

I can add, that when i try the old V2 version using the VST 2, the buttons work. I don't know if the V3 versions VST 2 work.

Also i can add, that i use Windows 10.

EDIT: I have just tried out the V3 version VST2 and it's the same issue.  The buttons don't work.
Also i can add, that i use 64 bit OS, DAW and plug-in's.
Can it be because the buttons is'nt availble as automation parameters? It would be nice if they were.
This issue looks like it's DAW specific if you find no issues in other DAW's, so perhaps the test should be made in Presonus Studio One.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:41:30 pm by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi LBH,

Yep you're right the issue is Studio One 3 specific ! I guess they are handling those button differently...
Thank for your feedback about this. I'll list this and we will try to check what's happening here with Presonus.
.......testing.......

LBH

Hi,
Thanks Ben

LBH

More than a year has past now.
When will this issue be fixed?
Only a sing GUI issue in MAC have been fixed in todays update. So i'm even more concerned now about other issues and about feature requests.

BTW: Effect plug-ins is still needed to use audio input in plug-ins in some DAWs like in Studio One 3 Pro.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:30:55 pm by LBH »

LBH

In the release notes for the new version 3.3.1.1782 it's said that the White buttons have been have made possible to automate. And it's good to get this.
But there is no parameter for the Start/ Stop button. (The one that's at the right of the other two.) Am i missing it?

BTW: I see you have removed the Audio / DC label in the Ring Mod. Why not add the function instead? I assume this means you will not add fix the function. Or will you?

But as you have removed this Audio/ DC label, then why have'nt you fixed label errors in generel?
1. The STOP label above the big white "SKIP" button should be changed to STEP. The label is "STEP" on the original i believe. It can be confusion having the STOP label there, as that's not what it is about.

2. The Sequencer MIDI SYNC switch needs to be labeled, as it's missing.

3. The C connector in the Electronic Switch is also missing the label C. It's mentioned in the manual, but it's not labeled on the GUI.

4. The Envelope Followers output is also missing a label.

The GUI issues have been reported a long time ago in the forums.

LBH

FYI then the Skip Step button is'nt working correct for all presets.

Unfortunately that include the sequencer template presets 1x16 Sequence, 2X8 Sequence and Accent Sequence. And i guess all presets that is created using theese templates. And perhaps others too.
For example all Victor Morellos sequence presets seems to have this error.

The error is that when you run the sequencer and activate the Skip Step button, then you get a machine gun effect that's independent of the speed settings.

The STEP input connector seems to work correct on the presets i have tried it on. At least when using the lfo to activate the STEP (that's wrongly labeled STOP.).

jeffbart

As per LBH, Here's a guide for what the original buttons are labelled - stop should be 'step'.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines