March 28, 2024, 08:39:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab2 & Keylab Essential incompatible?  (Read 7829 times)

looneyprog

• Apprentice
Analog Lab2 & Keylab Essential incompatible?
« on: December 31, 2018, 07:22:40 pm »
Are Analog Lab2 and Keylab Essential incompatible?

I'm trying my new Keylab Essential 49. It works fine with Analog Lab 3. But it won't recognize Analog Lab2 actions in the Display, I can't browse and select Presets, etc.

Is there any way to make it work? On the contrary it would be such a bummer, since I rather stay with Analog Lab 2.
Thanks!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Analog Lab2 & Keylab Essential incompatible?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 11:26:37 pm »
I didn't even know you could have analog lab 2 + 3 on the same computer. My analog lab 2 was overwritten by analog lab 3. Maybe that's your problem, or maybe you mean the original analog lab, not analog lab 2? If the latter, then yes, I doubt it will be fully compatible with the latest Keylabs. Analog Lab is obsolete.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

looneyprog

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 01:56:01 am »
Thank you. I'm not using both of them at once. Just installing and uninstalling one or the other to compare.
As I said:
-Analog Lab2 won't recognize actions in Keylab's Display
-Analog Lab3 won't recognize my formerly installed Arturia VST instruments, custom presets, characteristics, playlist, etc.

It's very disappointing!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 04:13:00 pm »
I think Analog Lab 3 will only recognise instruments included with V Collection 5 onwards, again not sure if that's the issue here because you haven't said which other VSTs you are using.
Any custom presets from AL2 should automatically appear in AL3, but they probably won't if you keep installing and uninstalling stuff. I think Arturia intended for the upgrade from AL2 to AL3 to be a one way street. I didn't know you could even download AL2 any more.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:21:44 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 01:41:48 am »
Actually, Keylab essential 49 is recognized by Analog Lab 2.  I have three OSs on the same computer, each on their own SSD drives (Faster starts)  XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10.  I had AL2 on windows 7 and AL3 on windows 10.  I fought against AL3 because you needed to select whether you wanted SYNTH, PIANO, ORGAN or MULTI.  I was under the impression that all the sounds in AL2 had to be selected using one of the four buttons.  What I didn't realize was that all the sounds in AL2 were actually SYNTH sounds but that the newer instruments created in the V-collection (Grand Piano, Hammond) were not in AL2.  Some of the multi instruments in AL2 were set aside in the MULTI selection but that's a limited number of Presets.
I originally didn't want to switch because I had gone through all presets in AL2 (over 6000) and sorted them into my own banks and assumed I would have to start over again thinking that a Piano sound in a synth had to be selected by clicking on the PIANO button first.

In any case, AL3 does sound better than AL2 so I would recommend switching to AL3 instead.  There are a few things that are different and don't make things easy but you get used to them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines