March 28, 2024, 09:10:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Noob question voices in analog engine  (Read 1508 times)

Roxybalboa

• Apprentice
Noob question voices in analog engine
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:12:06 pm »
Hey im new to synthesis and pigments is my first synth except some stock Plugins in my DAW. And i cant find where to add voices in the analog engine. In the wavetable I see it but in analog engine i dont? How do I add voices in the analog engine?

JDoo

• Beta-testers
Re: Noob question voices in analog engine
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:38:42 am »
It's actually not a nOOb question.  It's a pertinent question, that I may just answer incorrectly. :) 

The 'voices' in the wavetable engine are virtual stacked voices that can be detuned to give you a bigger feel.   Arturia even lets you push those virtual wavetable 'voices' to either side of the stereo field.  They are all copies of the same single waveform that is active though.  This all takes cpu.. and is subject to taste, for different timbres - so adjust to taste.

The voices on the Analog side, are more traditional.  A voice = an oscillator.  You have three for the Engine.  You can detune these slightly, to get chorusing / big effect too.  Since you can make both Engine1 and Engine2 an Analog engine -- you can potentially detune 6 of the Pigment analog oscillators to create a wider sound. 

There is a whole boatload of other things you can do in Pigments to widen up sound, well beyond detuning.

Roxybalboa

• Apprentice
Re: Noob question voices in analog engine
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:34:55 am »
Ok then thaught i was crazy been looking in the manual and everywhere in the engines. thx i love pigments it sounds so good and i can learn both subtractive and wavetable. I guess if i want to make an analog supersaw i need both engines on 3 saws and then fine tune each saw? And have some at diffirent intervals and so on. Or just make an wavetable saw.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines