March 28, 2024, 03:26:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments not working in NI Komplete and Maschine  (Read 5443 times)

wipi

• Apprentice
Pigments not working in NI Komplete and Maschine
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:44:53 am »
Hi,
got Pigments to work stand-alone and in Cubase no problem, but it just wouldn't integrate in NI Komplete and Maschine. Strange enough, Pigments shows up in the plug-in library under preferences, but simply doesn't show up in the instruments list and so it cannot be used. Never had such an issue with instrument plug-ins.

Any hints how to resolve this?

Regards
Willy

LBH

Re: Pigments not working in NI Komplete and Maschine
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:18:17 pm »
Hi,

You mean in NI Komplete Kontrol and in NI Machine with .NKS?
No NKS yet. Have a look here - In #reply 11 Arturia respond: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93758.0#msg153806

FYI: Vendors does'nt have to provide .NKS files.

Regards

wipi

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:13:34 pm »
Thanks, no, I didn't mean NKS, although I look forward to see that later.
But the instrument and also its presets do not appear in the library browser of Maschine or Komplete (see screenshot 1). However, I just found out I can load Pigments through the menus (see screenshot 2).
So, I can use the plug-in, but still strange that it doesn't appear in the library.

Regards

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 04:03:56 pm »
No it's not strange, as it's only instruments that have NKS support/files, that show up in Komplete Kontrols preset browser system. But you can load a plug-in that does'nt have NKS support/ files in Machine anyway as before NKS arrived, i would say. Otherwise you would only be able to use instruments that had NKS support/ files.

Are you saying, that you can load Pigments in Komplete Kontrol too?

Why do you look forward to have NKS files in Pigments?

I don't use Komplete Kontrol, Machine and NKS.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:09:50 pm by LBH »

wipi

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »
Well, I don't want to start an argument here, but I don't think NKS is a prerequisite for instruments and their presets to show up in Maschine or Kontrol. As you can see on the screenshot below, the TAL U-no for instance does show up although it's not supporting NKS. Same works for my Steinberg plug-ins. Just Pigments doesn't do it.
But, yes, it is possible to load Pigments in Kontrol, as shown in the second screenshot above, so you can benefit from scale and arp settings on the keyboard.

Why would I look forward to NKS?
First, because you get mappings of the plug-in controls to the NI physical control knobs, so you can control the instrument right from Maschine or Komplete keyboard knobs, instead of fiddling with the mouse.
Second, the presets get loaded into the NI database with predefined attributes, so you can easily search with the quite powerful NI browser.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 08:05:12 pm »
Yes my bad. It's a long time since i have looked at Komplete Kontrol, so had forgot. Off coarse you can load Pigments in the Komplete Kontrol software. Otherwise you could not create your own templates allready.

I have the Komplete Kontrol software. If you open Pigments inside Komplete Kontrol and save a NKSF file, then an empty placeholder for a thumbnail will appear - just like your Tal U-no.

And the saved preset will be availble in Komplete Kontrols browser.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:08:10 pm by LBH »

telecode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 01:39:10 am »
FWIW, I have the exact same problem as OP. I am on a Mac. I will try to completely remove and reinstall Pigments. See if that helps.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 03:38:41 am »
FWIW, I have the exact same problem as OP. I am on a Mac. I will try to completely remove and reinstall Pigments. See if that helps.
If this actually is what you mean  in this thread - https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94418.0#msg154263 , and not that you can't open Pigments at all  - then the solution is in my previous post in this thread, as it is about NKS.

If you open Pigments inside Komplete Kontrol and save a NKSF file, then an empty placeholder for a thumbnail will appear - just like your Tal U-no.

And the saved preset will be availble in Komplete Kontrols browser.

Aymara

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 09:12:15 am »
Just a tip, until Arturia has finished the promised NKS ... in NI Kontrol forum someone created a user NKS for Pigments:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/nks-user-library.262959/

You'll find it in the Dropbox link in the first post of above NI thread.
Greetings from Germany
Chris

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines