March 28, 2024, 07:55:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Separate pan per engine  (Read 3141 times)

NewHeart2005

• Apprentice
Separate pan per engine
« on: December 22, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »
Could we have separate pan per engine? Or per OSC? AFAIK the only way to do this at present is via the filters?

LBH

Re: Separate pan per engine
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 05:04:16 pm »
What should this add to the current Engine modules Filter Mix and the Filters Pan and Filter Routing features?
(Except from it's by Engine now and not by OSC you have a Filter Mix.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 05:14:10 pm by LBH »

NewHeart2005

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 05:28:31 pm »
What should this add to the current Engine modules Filter Mix and the Filters Pan and Filter Routing features?
(Except from it's by Engine now and not by OSC you have a Filter Mix.)

In terms of panning you cannot separate out the two engines (OSCs) pre filter. For me this is a limitation. For example, AFAIK I cannot pan sounds from engine 1 right and engine 2 left unless I route each through a different filter. For me it limits what I can do with the filters and with the stereo field. Similarly you cannot choose which FX bus you route the engines through?

It is just a suggestion, I am loving Pigments but do hope for a few additions/improvements in the future.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »
For example, AFAIK I cannot pan sounds from engine 1 right and engine 2 left unless I route each through a different filter.
True.
There is'nt a bypass filter routing for a Engine. That could be a request to have engine panning or not.
But the Filter Mix and Filter Routing does offer some blend possibilities, and i suppose you would like to keep that, as this is how Pigments is build.

I think what you really wan't is 2 totally independent synths lines having 2 filters each in a new design. If not, then how to use the 2 filters Pans in a seriel connection for 2 panned engines? Just trying to understand your request. Have you overlooked something, or am i missing something?
Remember that you  - as you say - , allready can use one filter pr. Engine, and in that way create a fully independent engine pan. And keep in mind, that you also have Multifilters in the FX section.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:59:42 pm by LBH »

NewHeart2005

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:15:20 pm »
Yes engine panning is what I would like if possible. I am not a synth designer, but perhaps it be possible to have separate panning per engine while keeping the current architecture? Lol yes it is true that in the end my request would be similar to having two separate instances of pigments running as VSTs, except that you would then not be able to modulate between them. Imagine having two engines running in parallel but being able to modulate each other. Very cool. But Pigments is awesome already.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:25:14 pm »
True.  :)

Don't forget that this FR also could be a way to separate the filters output and thus the engines - REQUEST: SEPARATE FX PATHS.: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94287.0#msg153837
- and having Multifilters in the FX section, then this perhaps also get, what you are looking for, and that inside a single Pigments nearly as Pigments is now.

NewHeart2005

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 11:10:28 pm »
True.  :)

Don't forget that this FR also could be a way to separate the filters output and thus the engines - REQUEST: SEPARATE FX PATHS.: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94287.0#msg153837
- and having Multifilters in the FX section, then this perhaps also get, what you are looking for, and that inside a single Pigments nearly as Pigments is now.
Yes I saw that request, and it is similar to mine (and a good idea I think!). It would give an extra degree of freedom and creativity and add to an already amazing software synth (which I am having a lot of fun with) :-)

Biome Digital

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 12:21:21 pm »
A simple pan control in the "tune" section of each osc would be good.

LBH

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:48 pm »
Sorry.

I have overlooked the fact, that the Unison voices can be spread depended on the filters pan settings. So perhaps it actually may be possible to add pans for both engines and individual OSC's allready - but they will be depended on the filter pan settings.

howifeel

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 10:10:26 pm »
I have asked for the pan feature, as well. Some synths have it, like Hybrid, Sylenth and Serum (of course O2) and some don't such as Massive, Halion 6 and others. I find that the synths that get more time in my set ups are ones that can be panned at the OSC (manually, not unison spread). However, it may be a quantum leap to split each mono engine in Pigments into 2 stereo signal paths. The new Bolt by Nektar is pannable, as well, at the "engine","OSC" or "wave" level respectively. For that reason, Pigments is in my "fun" set up for playing around with programming, but it won't make it to my professional set up, at this time.

I currently run Pigments dry through Serum's FX block which can be run separately from Serum. It sounds great. I love the workflow of Pigments, but it still sounds strangely monoish as opposed to stereo. This makes it a toy for the time being. Nevertheless, it's a fun toy.

Improvement? I don't think the engines will ever be able to be panned. For that reason, a stellar FX block would fix the problem. Currently, the FX module of Pigments is grossly inadequate. That is, in my subjective assessment.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines