March 28, 2024, 09:48:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Noob: Recording a song  (Read 3309 times)

KosPan

Noob: Recording a song
« on: December 20, 2018, 02:51:45 pm »
Hello, pretty new to this, nice to be here. One simple Q: How can I record a track with Pigments on a Mac - could I just use Garageband?
Many thanks! ;)

LBH

Re: Noob: Recording a song
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:56:21 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I'm on Windows.
But if you can use third party instrument plug-ins in your Garageband, and you run it 64 bit, - then i believe so yes.

From Pigments sales website: Works in Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, Audio Unit (64-bit DAWs only)

Just in case you don't know:
Tutorial - How To Use 3rd Party Instruments In GarageBand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CiNOJte91k

You can also download Pigments and test it before buying - at least for the time being.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:01:24 pm by LBH »

KosPan

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 04:10:07 pm »
That is super helpful. Thank you so much!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 05:36:18 pm »
I can confirm Pigments definitely works in GarageBand, I've tried it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Aymara

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:22 am »
I would recommend trying out Reaper, which is much more powerful than Garageband, and it allows much better sound quality than just CD quality (16 Bit, 44.1 kHz), which is a must for serious recording.

A huge advantage of Reaper compared to other powerful DAWs is, that you can start using it for free and in case you like it, it only costs 60 bucks. Furthermore it‘s much easier to learn than other DAWs, because it has the most powerful community of all (forum and tutorial videos besides free manual).

www.reaper.fm

The only downside of Reaper is, that it has no instruments included, but hey, that‘s why it‘s so cheap. But in the forum you will find tips for free instruments (VSTi) and some of them are pretty damn good.
Greetings from Germany
Chris

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines