March 28, 2024, 10:50:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transport controls with Logic: neither MCU nor HUI modes work well  (Read 1238 times)

dirtydawg

On the Essential 61 with latest Logic Pro X 10.4.3.

With the KeyLab in MCU mode (and the Mackie Control selected in Logic Control surfaces setup), you need to push Stop and Play twice to actually do the Stop or Play.. the Record button works. Loop on/off doesn't do anything. Fwd/Rev buttons do random things (like activate other features in Logic :).

With the KeyLab in HUI mode (and correspondingly selected in Logic) the Stop, Play, Fwd/Rev, Loop toggle and Record do what they are intended to do! But the lamps in the buttons don't work, the Stop button's lamp is lit the whole time, and toggling Loop keeps the button lit. Record doesn't go red. Super annoying that it works "half way"....

This just seems just like bugs in the Mackie implementations in the KeyLab (the "drivers" on the Logic side are those built in to Logic, they are not from Arturia, and I kind of assume they work as I think others use Mackie stuff with Logic but who knows).

I assume this can be fixed in the KeyLab firmware. Maybe it could also be fixed by changing something in the Mackie protocol codes in the Logic Pro X advanced control surfaces view (when you enable the corresponding driver I think you get a chance to go in there and edit stuff). But I guess the expected result is that this should "Just Work" without patching Logic...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines