March 28, 2024, 11:02:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer  (Read 2403 times)

GrislyAccord

• Apprentice
Sequencer
« on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:10 pm »
Can I record into the sequencer? Like press a button, play my pattern, and presto? Or do I have to always go in and input the pattern (and other attributes) manually?

LBH

Re: Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:00:55 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The Arpeggio has "As Played" functions and Randomize functions.
The Sequencer also  has Randomize functions It has no recording function, but it would be a great feature to have.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:03:58 pm by LBH »

GrislyAccord

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:49 pm »
@LBH Thanks. I thought maybe the control just wasn't obvious to me.

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 12:21:23 pm »
Recording each step's note from a midi keyboard would be a great idea for the feature request. But I have a question, is there a way to SAVE a sequence you've created if you like it, as a sequence that you could then import into any preset you have if needed? For me, that would be a good and useful feature.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:27 pm »
is there a way to SAVE a sequence you've created if you like it, as a sequence that you could then import into any preset you have if needed? For me, that would be a good and useful feature.
No there is'nt a separate preset for the sequencer. But separate presets for many things - including this - can be a very useful and timesaving feature.

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:15:50 pm »
It would also be good to have a playlist of sequences that you've created that can be controlled by automation. So you could change the sequences verse to chorus to bridge etc and then just record the results in your DAW.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 07:33:34 pm »
It would also be good to have a playlist of sequences that you've created that can be controlled by automation. So you could change the sequences verse to chorus to bridge etc and then just record the results in your DAW.
You can allready use multiple instances for that.

You need to be able to change things in reel time no matter how fast tempo you have and no matter which computer and computer load you have and so on to make this suggestion work.
I think a limited amount of steps is what's possible or can be exspected right now, as a synth is'nt a DAW in it self.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:45:49 pm by LBH »

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 08:31:44 pm »
Well, I wasn't looking for something like BFD3 where I can create complex drum tracks and play them in synch with my DAW before I finally record them. Just a way to select a sequence FROM the DAW with plugin automation. I hear you about separate tracks as a work around, but what if you had a dozen different sequences for the Synth? That would be a lot of extra tracks in your DAW.

Well, I don't think this is a release 1 or even release 2 thing. Saving Sequences by themselves doesn't seem to be built into the infrastructure of Pigments yet.

Yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines