March 28, 2024, 05:18:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase 10.5 transport control with Keylab 88 MKII  (Read 2923 times)

puttandpray

• Apprentice
Cubase 10.5 transport control with Keylab 88 MKII
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:56:00 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple but my Keylab 88MKII  works really well with one exception; I have set it up in MCC to control Cubase.
All I'm looking for is the basic transport control. However, even though it states in the display window that the DAW control is set for Cubase it doesn't control the transport.
The firmware is updated and Cubase is running the latest build (10.5.12). I can use the controller in Cubase so my MIDI setting appear to be correct.
What am I missing??
Any insight and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and be safe out there!

John

LBH

Re: Cubase 10.5 transport control with Keylab 88 MKII
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:44:25 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Have you done this?: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabmkii/keylab-mkii-tips-tricks
If you are on Windows then note the midi- in and out 2 note at the end of the guide.

puttandpray

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »
Hi and thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry for my slow response, I didn't get notified that you had posted something.
Unfortunately, that did not work. I still have no response at all.
By the way, the transport buttons don't even work.
I have reset the Keylab and reinstalled the MCC on my computer and tried setting everything up again from scratch following the link you sent me but, again, no love...
Any other ideas?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 12:55:13 am »
It should work if you have set your controller correctly up as both a keyboard and a DAW controller.

Perhaps ask someone in Cubase forums to check your setup. You can also post both setups here, and then i can have a look at it. I'm not a Cubase user.

Which precise OS are you using?

Otherwise you can allways contact Arturia support, if you need it.

puttandpray

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:22 pm »
Thanks again for the reply.

I'm running Windows 10Pro, 64bit.
I'm wondering if there might be a conflict between the MKII and my desktop surface controller I use for mixing...
I'll try disconnecting that and see what happens.
As far as setting the MKII up as a controller that seems to have been done correctly. When I select the DAW button on the front panel it states "DAW - Cubase".
Thanks again and I'll be sure to post my findings when I come across the solution!!

John

Daniel Wee

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:15 am »
Here's how I set it up in mine:-

Make sure in the MIDI Port Setup (under Studio Setup) you have In MIDIIN2 (KeyLab mkII 88) - visible checked, in "All" Midi unchecked. It should be in Active state. For the Out MIDIOUT2 (KeyLab mkII 88) - visible checked.

The go to "Remote Devices" (under Studio Setup) and click the "+" on the top left corner of the screen to add a device and select "Mackie Control". That should add a "Mackie Control" entry below "Remote Devices". Select it, and for MIDI Input, select "MIDIIN2 (KeyLab mkII 88) and for MIDI Output, select "MIDIDOUT2 (KeyLab mkII 88).

There are some other settings you will need to adjust but this should get you going.

puttandpray

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 01:50:09 pm »
Thanks Daniel!
I'll give that a try and post my results.

puttandpray

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 02:51:36 pm »
Hi Daniel,

I cleared out all MIDI settings in Cubase, powered everything down, factory reset the MkII keyboard and set everything up from scratch using your steps and still nothing between the 2.
I'm at a loss on this one as I've been using Cubase since 1997 and MIDI since it's introduction in the early 80s! I created a support ticket with Arturia and will be sure to post my results when we get this all sorted.
Thanks again for your support and assistance, I appreciate you!

Please stay safe!

John

Sibelius

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 10:24:07 pm »
Hello,
I have the same setup that John (Windows 10, Cubase 10.5 Pro, etc.) and I also tried every suggestion you give him but I still can't get the transport to work in Cubase. So, I don't know but I think there is an issu with Cubase 10.5 and Arturia and I can't do anything that helps, maybe you can...

Friendly Sibelius

p.s.: The only difference is that I'm using the 49 version of Arturia Keylab MKII
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:27:24 pm by Sibelius »

puttandpray

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 10:35:49 pm »
Hi Sibelius,

Let me bring you, and anyone else following this thread, up to date on my long days journey into Cubase/ Arturia night!
I have been in direct contact with 3 different, very nice folks at Arturia about this issue and, to cut to the chase, they have been unable to solve the problem.
They are currently looking at the possibility of a physical issue (dare I say defect?) in the 88mkII, since I purchased it new in November and have never been able to get the interface to work with Cubase.
We have, quite literally, done everything to try to get this to work, including: factory resets of both the 88mkII and Cubase, which involved losing all of my presets and programming set up in Cubase. Software and firmware updates to all devices involved and the removal of any hardware from my recording computer that uses MIDI in an effort to remove any conflicts. As of my 5th attempt last night with Arturia... nothing. Dead in the water.
I will post an update when we reach some type of resolution with this issue.
By the way, Positive and "thumbs up" shout outs to Gabriela, Jose and Leo at Arturia!! While not yet successful, they have been persistent, supportive and professional in their help and support so far!!
Stay tuned...

John

Sibelius

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 08:28:54 pm »
Hi John,

Thank you for this update.
I agree with you, the people at Arturia are really trying to solve that problem but, like yourself, I starting to thing that this maybe a defect of the unit although I don’t understand how it’s working so great with Ableton and probably with other DAW. I’m hoping that this is just a software or firmware issue that could be solved with an update.

Have a nice day,
Sibelius

Loukianos Patrinos

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 12:54:13 am »
Ok guys, i had the same issue and i managed to fix it myself.

Studio Setup, add the Mackie Control device and for MIDI Input select the MIDIIN2 Keylab 88. Leave the MIDI out as not connected, otherwise you will be hearing sounds when you press the start stop button on the keyboard.

hope it works for y'all as it did for me!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines