March 28, 2024, 04:09:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Someone literally just handed me an Arturia Beatstep. What do I do with it?  (Read 4219 times)

Michaeljones

• Apprentice
tl; dr ha!...good gawd, y'all..What is is good for?

I watched the demo video and I can see it's useful for CV and some midi stuff, maybe as a drum machine controller, but I'm not really suwhich included Ableton Live, Komplete 10, a Push and an APC40 (as well as random outboard gear and some synths). Anyone got one of these and some clever suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:02:46 am by terrym »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Use it as a USB/MIDI controller to get +16 knobs for instant access to whatever synth/FX parameters you map it to.

Same with those 16 pads, which default to Note sending but you can reconfigure them (using Arturia's MCC application) to send MIDI CC to toggle whatever parameters you map them to or mix'n'match, some pads sending notes with velocity and aftertouch and others sending CC, PrgChg, etc.

If you have hardware, you can use it standalone both as a MIDI (DIN) controller, or as a MIDI USB-to-DIN "adapter" and/or CV output, if you have hardware needing CV control.

Then there's the built-in sequencer... which you can use it standalone (no computer required) to control hardware or even softsynths/iOS, etc.

Just read it's specs, understand what it does, look at your own setup and see where it can fit :)

Needless to say: you don't need to use all of its features, just the ones that are useful to you ...at that time, which may change in the future and you may then find the unused features now useful, in a new setup.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:40:38 pm by Koshdukai »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Pretty sure this is spam and the poster doesn't own any of the gear he's claim to own.  A quick search for his "michaeljones" + forum show up a rash of posts in the same vein in many forums with the same dodgy vpn service links in his posts.  Some have removed his threads already.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Pretty sure this is spam and the poster doesn't own any of the gear he's claim to own.  A quick search for his "michaeljones" + forum show up a rash of posts in the same vein in many forums with the same dodgy vpn service links in his posts.  Some have removed his threads already.
[/quote

I removed the link as I could not remove first post
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
oh there was a link initially? didn't see it.

So... I guess spam is getting quite sophisticated nowadays xD with actual on-topic'ish posts.

Oh well, I guess it's a good thread to come up when searching for the BeatStep :)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Yeah they are actually worthwhile questions and I have been tempted to answer the questions, but in the end it's spam and I feel like I'd have been played if I did.  Such a conflict of feelings!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines