March 29, 2024, 12:47:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

Do you find "Fast" knob acceleration mode still to slow? Would you like a SINGLE knob turn to control full 0-127 parameter range?

YES!
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Don't care, my arm rotates 720 degrees
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Poll - MiniLab MkII FASTER knob acceleration  (Read 3101 times)

Pawel

Poll - MiniLab MkII FASTER knob acceleration
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:38:34 am »
Hi everyone,

It seems like this one has been raised with BeatStep already. Currently, the fastest available knob acceleration in MiniLab MkII ("Fast") still requires more or less 2 full turns to change a parameter from 0 to 127 in absolute mode. That's a deal breaker if you want to quickly adjust parameters in synth/mixer/DAW.

@Arturia,
I'm wondering if there's any chance to add even faster acceleration mode, doubling the "Fast" mode rate.

Let me know what you think.

P.

Polyterative

Re: Poll - MiniLab MkII FASTER knob acceleration
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 10:15:15 am »
Absolutely YES.
This mode of the knobs made me hate my axiom 49, and I'm returning my minilab mk2 because of this.
The unit is great and beautiful, but the knobs are unusable for me in this state.

dubnium

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:07:14 am »
Yes please! faster knobs much needed

edit: nevermind I brought it back to the shop and took a mpk mini mk2 instead
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:30:54 am by dubnium »

Exirion

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:30 pm »
I consider this just a workaround for the fundamental problem in the weakest parts of the MiniLab: the resolution of the rotary encoders is too low and they require proper debouncing. Doing fine tuning of synth/effect settings is a nightmare. Considering the price, I think the MiniLab is quite good value for money, but the performance of the rotary encoders is underwhelming to say the least.

I would be happy to pay 30% to 50% extra for a MiniLab if they used decent quality components and did proper implementation in their firmware. If the rotary encoder issues was solved, to me it would be the perfect budget controller. Do your homework for MKIII, Arturia.

Exirion

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 09:42:57 pm »
Just got notified by an ad about the MiniLab MKII firmware update. This is what Arturia tells about it:

https://rekkerd.org/arturia-announces-minilab-mkii-firmware-update-v1-1-with-workflow-enhancements/

Just tried it, and for me it's a great improvement. The knobs have dynamic sensitivity and are much more accurate with finetuning. They also don't jump in the opposite direction any longer.

Well done, Arturia  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines