March 29, 2024, 07:38:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A great synth. Thoughts and suggestions.  (Read 1329 times)

LBH

A great synth. Thoughts and suggestions.
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:12:53 am »
After having spend some time with pigments i think it's a great versatille synth. It sounds great. It have lot's of possibilities for your imagination to use. It in a way is complexity made relative simple.

The Sequencer/Arpeggio section have lots of diverse possibilities and so does the modulation, sidechain and trigger system.
And it's possible to add wavetables.
It's a flexible system.

There are so many good things to say about this Pigments synth.

It also look like many suggestions and ideas for other synths in the forums have been implemented. That include suggestions for synths to be emulated, and certain ideas, functions and possibilities. That's great.

Congratulations Arturia for making a great synth that also provide sound possibilties than differ from Arturias other software applications.

Here are some suggestions though:

1. Especially the standalone version/ like all your applications need a output meter to show the output level. It'a a great tool to have when setting levels, especially when designing sounds using the standalone application.

2. I know there are sidechain possiblities for modulators, but i would like to be able to modulate the Macro knobs them self, so everything really can be modulated by everything. This can also be a time saver, when one wish to do speciel multi modulations.

3. The envelopes like other modulators have many possibilities. But for example the possibility to have an envelope to begin at the current level when retriggered is missing.
Sometimes you might wan't to retrigger the modulation on a current level, just like the contour in the current Mini V. And it's actually good to have this feature as a possibility no matter you play legato style or not.
I suggest this feature as an option, as i do like the possiblities Pigments allready have on this, and i wan't to keep the current possibilities too.
If the same behavior can be added to other modulators somehow, then that would be great, but not a must.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:34:35 am by LBH »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: A great synth. Thoughts and suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:38:54 am »
Hey LBH.

Thanks for the kind words.

I register your suggestions as feature requests.

All the best and a Merry Christmas.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

laxP

• Apprentice
Re: A great synth. Thoughts and suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 12:31:06 pm »
Yes, different retrig modes seems to be a common feature on many soft synths, would be good to see on a flagship synth like pigments

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines