March 28, 2024, 12:25:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A demo's a demo's a demo's a demo  (Read 3300 times)

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A demo's a demo's a demo's a demo
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:19:42 pm »
"Until 10 January 2019, you can enjoy Pigments for free." What does this mean. When most developers makes a statement like this, it means that "until 10 January 2019, you can download the software for free (and keep it!!!)".

In Arturian it's just a paraphrase of "demo"! Are Arturia trying to hide the fact that it's a simple 30-day demo! Why don't Arturia call a spade a spade, and simply state that it's normal demo.

Artura you are walking a thin line here!

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: A demo's a demo's a demo's a demo
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »
Yes, I read it that way too,  assuming that as a V-Collection 6 owner that this was a good will gesture, as presumably this will become part of V-Collection anyway.

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:59:39 pm »
I always thought the V in V Collection stood for Vintage. Seeing as Spark is not part of the V Collection as its not vintage, I can't see why pigments would be included.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:34:58 pm »
Spark was part of the V-collection up to version 3. That's how I got it. Furthermore, I don't think Piano V means that it's vintage.

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:47:16 pm »
Pretty certain "V" has always stood for 'Virtual'...  which Pigments is.  Much like Matrix V -- I am hoping that while Arturia released Pigments out of cycle for V Collection 6...  (and I have happily purchased it) -- they will add it to the V Collection 7 whenever that is released.  It would also be way cool, if it were to get integrated into Analog Lab.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 09:30:07 am »
Hi check your arturia account for a discount price  I checked mine and its 99 euros
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 01:15:19 pm »
"Until 10 January 2019, you can enjoy Pigments for free." What does this mean. When most developers makes a statement like this, it means that "until 10 January 2019, you can download the software for free (and keep it!!!)"
I read it to mean after January 10th there won't be a time-limited downloadable demo. Pretty obviously you weren't ever going to get it for free.

If you're an existing Arturia customer, until January 10th you can buy Pigments for either €69 or €99 depending on what you have already bought. That seems a great deal, IMO, and I'm saying that from the perspective of someone who last year was one of the first to publicly moan when they wanted to rape my wallet of €199 just to upgrade from VC5 to VC6. As soon as I get my December salary on 31/12, Pigments will be in my basket.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 06:06:57 pm »
I was hoping it would cost less, of course. But as a very recent V Collection 6 owner, the damage is $69 for me.

It would likely be a no-brainer based on the demos I've watched alone. But I already own Massive, another very capable wave table synth that I'm still trying to get the hang of. I was only looking to add a modern modular synth, likely Zebra2, which I passed on for the V Collection.

My sound designing is sub par as is. I already have a lot of learning to do with my current collection. I deep demo session might be necessary as this is looking like a great value.

...It would also be way cool, if it were to get integrated into Analog Lab.
I haven't experimented with Analog Lab yet, but I anticipate heavy use after some experience with the individual synths. The addition of Pigments would be crazy!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:12:37 pm by BezO »
V Collection 6 & Komplete Kontrol S

The groove baby, the groove...

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 07:00:38 pm »
Just created a post, but I could've just asked here. As this may affect my immediate purchase...

Is Pigments an NKS instrument? I'm guessing not as it's not reflected on the product page.
V Collection 6 & Komplete Kontrol S

The groove baby, the groove...

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 09:03:12 am »
Hey.

I always thought the V in V Collection stood for Vintage. Seeing as Spark is not part of the V Collection as its not vintage, I can't see why pigments would be included.

Correct, V stands for vintage.

Is Pigments an NKS instrument? I'm guessing not as it's not reflected on the product page.

It will be implemented at the soonest.

More questions? These articles may help:

https://www.arturia.com/faq/pigments/pigments-general-questions

https://www.arturia.com/faq/buyorsellproducts/pigments-launch-offer

Best

Edouard

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:50:52 am by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines