April 25, 2024, 01:13:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: record value changes in control mode.  (Read 1293 times)

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
record value changes in control mode.
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:49:20 pm »
Perhaps this is not possible but it would be great if control mode could be used to record parameter changes internally.

Ie, automate the pitch and distortion etc on my drumstation.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: record value changes in control mode.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 05:00:35 am »
In lieu of any future function being added to the BSP to accommodate automated control mode, you can set up CC maps to send instant pitch changes and transpositions using CC's if your instrument has that functionality.  I've programmed a few latches to send MIDI note numbers to instruments for triggering held notes and looping samples.  It works quite well and can be used to transpose other sequencers that run in a similar fashion to how the BSP received transpose notes.  Also using by assigning a CC number to a pad and a set value, I've set up instantaneous parameter changes to instruments that have dials for controlling them, great for direct jumps when wanting to perform accentuated passages on the fly, such as during choruses and similar.  I've set a run of pads to send graduations of a parameter level to my Microranny at will this way.  Not quite automated but good for realtime and no need to touch the little orange box.  Experiment with the different types of pad behaviours and how they will work with what the Drumstation expects via MIDI.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines