April 19, 2024, 11:59:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep pro midi in  (Read 4239 times)

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep pro midi in
« on: December 14, 2018, 01:29:16 am »
Hello,
Is it possible to enter the notes to beatstep sequencer from external synth keyboard via midi in? Because either i am doing smth wrong or its not possible..Thank you!

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep pro midi in
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »
Anyone? A very simple question here..  ::)

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 05:10:04 am »
40 views, 0 replies, 0 help.. nice1

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 06:17:05 am »
Have you read the manual?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:59:26 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »
Why are you asking me a question in my question thread? Go make your own, and ask people: have you red the manuals, people? And unless you have an answer for me just dont bother please.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 12:02:21 am »
The answer to your question is in the manual.  I'd take the time to right what it says here, but you are rude.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:29:34 am »
Come on guys . Simple answer yes you can  just set the midi channel on your keyboard to the same as the sequencer channel you want to record to press play and record on the bsp .
If its not working how do you have it setup

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 11:55:53 pm »
Well its still not working. Tryed different synths, different cables. Also there is a noise when i connect midi in cable.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 12:29:59 am »
What sort of noise and from where and are you running it on mains power or from a computer?

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 02:14:40 am »
I am runing it from the computer. The noise only appears when i connect midi in to midi out of a synth..

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 02:22:54 am »
Btw, sorry for being anxious before. Its just that I really needed the answer quickly, just like "yes" or "no", so i would continue trying to do that or stop trying. I know the manual helps, but just because i am asking means that either i couldnt find it or other reasons maybe. I know how to set the channels and stuff, still not working, i guess my beatstep is faulty or smth..

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 02:28:44 am »
Ok so the fynny thing is, that ok i connect a synth to beatstep in and out. I set the channel to 1 lets say, and i can trigger the synth with beatstep seq1, which midi channel is1. But when i try to record anything from the synth i cant record it on seq1, but rather it records it on seq2, regardless of its midi channel setting is not 1. And  it doesnt matter if its 2 or 3 or 7, its still recording on seq 2!  ??? ::)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:49 am »
what is your set up including cable wiring
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Okopoiksht

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 02:36:20 pm »
I run everything from pc - 10 slots self powered usb hub. Then i send midi clock trough usb to couple of synths and like four controllers including beatstep pro. Then also i have midiface box and i feed two synths from there with midi. I connect two synths via midi split to beatstep pro, and because one synth has a keyboard, i want to connect to beatstep pro midi in, but like I said there is problem. Basically i have quite a bit of gear running at the same time, and they all connected to the same power source, i use like like four power socket extensions to feed evrth from one source. And yes there is a little bit of noise going when i turn them all on, but its bearable. But when i touch midi in of beatstep, ouch. And seems that it doesnt receive midi as well:(

paulsvibe

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2021, 10:33:14 pm »
Most people say read the manual. Or they you the best time and solution or tips. But What i see alot is they don't always ask, what firmware is it on, or updated/outdated and or did the firmware update cause the issue to not working as regular?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines