April 19, 2024, 08:07:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Next and Previous bank buttons dont always respond.  (Read 3088 times)

gphantom

Next and Previous bank buttons dont always respond.
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:31:10 am »
In AL3 as well as Modular V3, when going from one bank to another, pressing on the right arrow button next to and slightly below the large knob, doesn't always work.  You can see a shadow selection on the next (or previous) bank in AL3 but the selection doesn't stay.  At times, pressing the button twice will work while at other times, you have to hold the button down until the next bank is selected.  I am not sure if this happened because of the latest Keylab Essential update or not but I don't recall having this problem before.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Next and Previous bank buttons dont always respond.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 09:06:10 am »
Hi,

The next and previous button are used to browse presets (the middle panel) but not banks so I'm not sure to understand what do you want to achieve here.
Are you saying that the behavior of the two buttons is eratic when you try to browse presets ?

What versionf Analog Lab are you using ? Also, we did not update the KeyLab Essential's firmware since the release of the product.

Regards,

Matthieu

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 07:39:41 pm »
Terribly sorry, I meant to say "Presets" and I have the latest Analog Lab as well as Modular V.  It started doing this a week or so ago.  I'm on a preset then I press the right or left button, there is a temporary selection showing the new preset but it returns to the current one without changing it.  It is erratic and I believe (though haven't really tested this idea) then when using the mouse to change the preset, it returns to normal function for a while.  Another thing I might try is to remove one of the mice (now that I think about it) since I have a USB mouse and a Bluetooth mouse at the same time.  I'll have to try turning off the bluetooth mouse to check further.

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »
Not a bluetooth problem.  As mentioned, the problem is sporadic but it seems to occur when switching to a preset that takes longer to load than a fast loading preset.  Unless a solution is found, I'll go back to the mouse in order to select a preset since it took me a long time to adjust to using the controls on the keyboard to make selections.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 01:01:41 pm »
Hi,

I did not manage to reproduce the issue. Can you describe me your exact setup ? Your OS version, are you using AL3 in standalone or within a DAW ? If in a DAW, with what format (VST2/3, AU, AAX ?)

Regards,

Matthieu

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 01:34:53 am »
This happens also while using Ableton Live 10.  To reproduce the problem, try this:
Don't select any instruments, view all of them then select the first one.
Use the right arrow to select the next.  Once it's selected, select the next and continue.  You should see a problem after a while.
The next selection is shadowed (the same as when you're moving the mouse over the next selection) to show that the next selection should switch and then it returns to the original before it.

I believe the same thing occured when using the knob to select the next and then pressing on the knob to select it but, I haven't tried this method except a few times.
When pressing the "next" button quickly and the next preset is not selected, sometimes you need to press it a second time.  In some cases, you need to hold the button down until the selection is switched.
As mentioned before, it also occurs with Modular V3 so I doubt it's an issue with the synths unless they both use the same algorithms to read the midi codes.

My system is as follows.
Windows 7 64bit, 4gig memory, AL3 and Modular V 3 in stand alone mode.  I have 9356 presets in AL3 and 865 presets in Modular V.

My drives are also 240gig SSDs so I can't see that the drives are slow or not enough memory.
The problem occurs whether or not I'm using the Bluetooth mouse or the USB mouse.

As mentioned before, I wasn't using the prev/next arrows to change presets so the problem wouldn't have been noticed before.

More specific info regarding the system are:

Mother Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 Rev 1.xx
        Serial Number: 120700559500992
        Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
        BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0301 06/29/2012

CPU: 3.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 965

Drive: KINGSTON SUV400S37240G ATA Device [Hard drive] (240.05 GB)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:21:12 pm by gphantom »

gphantom

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »
I just tried the NEXT and PREV buttons on the Yamaha DX demo and the same thing is occuring and, I also tested the Knob to select the next preset and it also requires a second click from time to time.  I do believe that the problem lies with an interrupt taking over and overrides the selection buttons.  It might also explain the problem with Adding a favorite preset trying to add a new name. (See problem with AL3 Misc. Bugs) https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94314.0

gphantom

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 12:10:10 am »
Looks like it has to be something on my PC.  I tried the same thing on my laptop and no problem was detected.  Guess I'll try to re-install and see what happens or, I'll check out what else is interrupting the selection.

fermercerat@gmail.com

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 03:23:58 am »
Hi, I know this post old, but I have the same problem with the arrow keys. Brand new Keylab essential 61. Have you found a solution ?
Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines