March 28, 2024, 10:57:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments standalone won't run  (Read 3828 times)

DamienMFO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pigments standalone won't run
« on: December 13, 2018, 12:53:11 am »
I'm running windows 10 64bit. My hardware is more than capable of running this.

I downloaded the trial of pigments yesterday, everything was running just fine (both standalone and inside Ableton 9). Today, I started my computer and the pigments standalone won't run. Every time, I check my task manager and there is no running pigments process but arturia software center agent (32 bit) has started. the last time I ran it standalone, I was just using the asio4all driver (I was in a cafe, using headphones), so when I start it I do get windows notifications that say asio is being used, and that something called pigments.exe is using it. But like I said, the program never shows up.

I had downloaded the program directly from the website instead of from ASC, if that makes a difference. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it via ASC later to see if that changes anything.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Pigments standalone won't run
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:31 pm »
I've no interest in starting a Windows vs PC war but it's daft things like this that I don't miss having dumped Windows in 2011, because I remember having similar issues. Asio4all...jesus that brings back memories. I remember having to use asio4all to get my latency below half a second. Can't believe it's still a thing.

Hope you get things sorted bud.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 01:26:11 pm »
Hi,
Very weird issue...You can try to delete all the files in this folder and test again :
C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Pigments\tmp

Best
.......testing.......

Summa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:50:38 pm »
Hi,

when it comes to Windows 10, sometimes restarting the PC (not just power down and up again) might help to solve several problems unless you configured the PC to completely restart the system after powering down, no quick start. What major windows updates randomly tends to reset from time to time  ::)

@MajorFubar: I had an iMac 2007, wasn't exactly happy with it.

...Summa

Lsf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
Hi ,
I have a similar issue with Pigments standalone .
Do not run with my behringer umc404hd using Asio Drivers.
On Audio conf. change to Asio drivers Pigments close automatic and will not open any more, you have to reinstall the app.
Only manage to run once when change the default sound driver on my windows 10 64bits to the internal sound card board
and setup the behringer as a default communication device " on sound "Windows control Panel"
I suppose this happen because Pigments can not access to the UMC404HD Asio Driver and change the sample rate or other think I can understand. Using Focusrite 6I6 2nd gen Pigments works ok in standalone mode.
All the V collection 6 apps works ok in standalone mode with the 2 mention Audio Cards "Focusrite and Behringer".   
I hope same fix will be release as behringer umc404hd has very low latency on V collection 6 synts. 

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 04:24:16 pm »
Hi all,
We are working on this problem here.
In the meantime you can use ASIO4ALL instead of your ASIO driver. This should work better than with the windows audio driver.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines