March 28, 2024, 06:54:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro experience  (Read 1456 times)

Michaeljones

• Apprentice
Beatstep Pro experience
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:33 am »
Hey! So i've been recently looking with lusty eyes towards Arturias Beatstep Pro. I wanted to know if anyone had some first hand experience to share, good opinions, bad opinions. Also a little doubt (its stupid and amateurish, i know, but it just so happens that I tend to be stupid and amateurish, so) Does it have sampling capabilities?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:57:06 am by ben arturia »

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
Re: Beatstep Pro experience
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 04:37:47 am »
I've owned mine for about 6 months, and was initially a little disillusioned as it was a little buggy, didn't work with external keyboards, and a number of other things, but they have been diligent about fixing the bugs, and the most recent release of a custom USB driver has fixed the external keyboard issues (I use an MPD16 for drum programming and a synth keyboard for melodic programming). Up until a couple of weeks ago I was only using the drum sequencer but am now getting mileage out the step sequencers (and immediately wishing for some polyphony).

whyistherenophonesupport

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:52:23 pm »
@shmuelyosef what is this custom driver you mention? Sounds interesting

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 06:41:22 am »
I was troubleshooting my USB functionality a couple weeks ago, and playing with settings in MCC. I got a popup that told me to load an Arturia USB driver software. I downloaded it (virus scanned it with two different programs as always just to be safe) and loaded it. All the little bugs that I found with using external keyboards went away and it started behaving in an intuitive manner. I can see it loaded in Microsoft, but can't find the file that I downloaded on line to get it again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines