April 20, 2024, 10:46:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro can‘t trigger TR707 via MIDI  (Read 1366 times)

Exsistence8

Beatstep Pro can‘t trigger TR707 via MIDI
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:38:50 pm »
Hi, I really hope to find someone who could help me bringing together the TR707 and the Beatstep Pro. I tried for hours to trigger my Roland TR-707 with the beatstep pro. I read many posts and both manuals (tr-707 and bsp), tried nearly anything  but there’s no single sound coming out of the TR-707. On the 707 I tried OMNI mode, every Midi channel and switched Midi transmit modes. I connected the devices from bsp MIDI out to 707 MIDI In. On the bsp I tried to transpose the SEQ 1 to see if there are notes that trigger. I tried to assign the right keys to the pads in Control mode. I changed the Drum Midi Channel to the same I selected in the 707 in Midi Control Center and also set the Drum Map to Custom in order to try different values for each pad. Nothing! With a KeyLab 25 I’m able to trigger the 707 without making any adjustments. I really want to use the sequencer with my 707 to get more flexible whilst s
Having the old sounds of the 707. Any Ideas?
Kind Regards!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep Pro can‘t trigger TR707 via MIDI
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:26:49 am »
Have you another MIDI instrument you can connect your BSP to to check if it works, or, have you a MIDI interface you can use to run the BSP's MIDI into a computer with so to check what is coming out of it with a MIDI monitor? (Pretty sure you can do that with your Keylab).
MCC has a MIDI monitor on it, but as it uses the BSP's USB port, it won't indicate if there is a problem with the MIDI port.  Speaking of which, have you plugged the 1/8"=DIN MIDI adaptor into the correct port on the BSP and are you using the correct adaptor?  The DIN SYNC adaptor won't work to pass MIDI data as it is wired differently to the MIDI adaptor.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines