March 28, 2024, 11:15:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Effects loop using patch bay  (Read 1644 times)

Geoff0555

Effects loop using patch bay
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:23:51 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to run an effects loop using the patch bay?

I was wanting to run audio out into a eurorack effects module  and then back in on the patch bay, so i can run the main audio out on the MB2 to the mixer.

Thanks,

Geoff

zedius

Re: Effects loop using patch bay
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:39:37 pm »
I gave this a shot briefly yesterday with no luck. I'd be curious if anyone else knows a way?

I pulled the signal out from the "AMP->OUT" jack but it didn't cut the sound from the main outputs so when I patched it to the "EXT IN->Ext" jack it sorta doubled up the sound. As I'm typing this I realize that perhaps if you use an effect with "wet only" output then this might give you the result you want.

taotetek

Re: Effects loop using patch bay
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 12:37:16 pm »
Here's what I've been doing, using a Quad VCA:

1. Patch the out for each waveform you're using from the 2s. Example: I ran patches from Saw and Triangle from VCO1 and the out from VCO1 into the Quad VCA.
2. Run the combed out from the Quad VCA into whatever chain of things you want. Turn the sliders *down* for Saw, Triangle and VCO2 on the 2s. Use the Quad VCA to control the levels instead.
3. Run the results from whatever you're during on the Eurorack back into the 2s. Use EXT in and the EXT slider if you want to use the 2s filter. Use Master if you don't want to use the filter.

Hope this helps!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines