March 28, 2024, 11:02:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: help trying to adjust PitchBend (Lever 1) to be more than it is  (Read 3565 times)

1Composer

• Apprentice
help trying to adjust PitchBend (Lever 1) to be more than it is
« on: December 09, 2018, 01:12:41 am »
I cannot figure out how to make the Pitchbend lever1 bend the VCOs more than 1½ semitones.  Is there not a global page where this parameter is set?

Also, when I went into the MOD page, trying to experiment Source Lever1 to Destination VCO1, and a 2nd time but for Destination VCO2 - there is an Amount knob, which had no effect at all on the Frequency, regardless of whether the knob was at minimum or maximum. 

I thought perhaps this was the methodology of adjusting the PitchBend to be greater than what is set at currently.  But that resulted in nothing additional to the Pitchbend. 

Little help please?

LBH

Re: help trying to adjust PitchBend (Lever 1) to be more than it is
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:36:41 am »
I understand your confusion. Arturia have switched lever 1 and 2 around, so the manual say the wrong thing.
Because of that, then the following you have tried do should work, if you just use lever 2 as modulator instead of lever 1 as a modulator.
Also, when I went into the MOD page, trying to experiment Source Lever1 to Destination VCO1, and a 2nd time but for Destination VCO2 - there is an Amount knob, which had no effect at all on the Frequency, regardless of whether the knob was at minimum or maximum. 

I thought perhaps this was the methodology of adjusting the PitchBend to be greater than what is set at currently.  But that resulted in nothing additional to the Pitchbend. 
Actually using lever 1 should also work, but lever 1 is the modwheel and lever 2 is the pitchbend. It should be the other way around.

The settings on "Page 2" also can have an impact for the Pitchbender effect on the VCOs and the Filter. Unfortunately this like other things is not explained well in the manual.
If you have the Pitchbender active here, then you'll have a fixed pitchbend at 2 semitones. It's set for each VCO. And if you also enable the pitchbend for the Filter then the VCF will also change by acorresponding amount.
If you disable here, then you will not get any pitchbend at all, unless you apply it thru the modulation Matrix.

If you apply full amount for VCOs in the modulation matrix then you get a pitchbend of 8 semitones, and if you also have the pitchbend enabled for VCOs on Page 2, then you have a 10 semitones pitchbend.
You can also apply more modulation slots to the pitchbend and expand the pitchbend range this way.

Hope this helps. Try to experiment.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 04:13:41 am by LBH »

1Composer

• Apprentice
Re: help trying to adjust PitchBend (Lever 1) to be more than it is
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:13:29 am »
Thanks.  Yes, that cleared it up for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines