April 25, 2024, 07:01:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bought the upgrade to V 6 and a new MBP - but my V4 install links have changed  (Read 1976 times)

bhcbhcbhcbhc

Hey all!

So I’m half way through a project. Loving my V4 sounds, but saw the Black Friday upgrade offer and bought it.

Registered and activated V6 and installed on my new 2018 MacBook Pro. But because some of my songs still have the C4 plugs associated I went to install V4 collection too as it didn’t migrate the plug in settings from V4 - V6.

Anyway when I go to download the V4 links it just downloads the exact same install file as V6 - specifically I am
Trying to get the V4 Mini V and Solina V back on my new machine. As I have a preset I made. And saved.

Any advice would be appreciated :)
Thx

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

when I go to download the V4 links
Where do you go to and download?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
GOOD GOD! You terrified me there for a minute.
I hadn't checked that any of my still-in-progress tracks still worked after installing V6. I just went into a couple to make sure, and they still use the V4 instruments and work fine.
WHEW! :)
This space left intentionally blank.

LBH

GOOD GOD! You terrified me there for a minute.
I hadn't checked that any of my still-in-progress tracks still worked after installing V6. I just went into a couple to make sure, and they still use the V4 instruments and work fine.
WHEW! :)
Actually one never knows when a discontinuet product no longer works, unless you does'nt change your system, and it's usually not recommended not to update.
So it's a good idea to render tracks to audio, unless one don't mind that changing plug-ins in a song may be needed at some point.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
True nuf
For now I guess I keep v4 and v6 installed side-by-side until I finish up the older tracks that use the v4 instruments. A bit of wasted space, but I'll be able to uninstall v4 eventually.
This space left intentionally blank.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Have you tried going into the ASC and downloading 'V Collection 4' rather than downloading the instruments separately from the Arturia downloads resource?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines