April 23, 2024, 07:21:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Evaluating aftertouch on the Arturia Keylab 61 MKII  (Read 11087 times)

JackH

• Apprentice
Re: Evaluating aftertouch on the Arturia Keylab 61 MKII
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 11:20:16 pm »
I tried that. They are correct, with min/max of 0/128.

I've sent a support request to Arturia. Let's hope this sheds a little light on the problem.

Meanwhile, thanks!

Here's the support request:

Using Pianoteq with this keyboard requires about 5 pounds of key pressure. That's way too high. I'm unable to figure out how to recalibrate the keyboard.

This article seems to offer some help:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylab/how-to-re-calibrate-the-potentiometer-based-controllers-wheels-pedals-aftertouch-breath-pads

But I'm unable to perform the first step: "a/ Boot the KeyLab while holding the Sound + Multi buttons. The screen should display:  "AD Range select, move A/D Item." since there is no Sound button.

Also, going into the setting for user 1, we see pad aft min/max is 0/128. That's okay. But key aft min/max is 128/0, which is backwards. I'm able to change min to 0, but max will only allow values of 0, 1, 2.

Also, the Save question is enigmatic. It says "Save? Enc: Yes  User: No". I am unable to figure out which key corresponds to "Enc".

Thanks,

Jack Harich

LBH

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 11:30:30 pm »
Have you tried the 3 different Aftertouch Curve settings?

I do agrea the aftertouch shall be usable, and have a certain sensitivity and curve to be so. So i am interested as it's important for me too.
But the things need to be tried before making the final judgement.
It's good you contact Arturia support to be certain.

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 05:49:08 pm »
I found that earlier versions of Midi Control Center had that bug of 0 thru 2 as a min max range, and in fact, it was by default min=2 max=0 which confused me. Here is what I found that works with Analog Lab 3. Go to the midi control center (latest version downloaded today, and today is August 10, 2019) and click the Device tab top right. Then try the following: Key aftertouch min of around 80 and max at around 127. Then pick a aftertouch curve. I find EXPonential forces the least amount of pressure and provides maximum effect earlier than LINear, but Linear is smoother at getting into the range from noticeable to max effect. LOGorithmic seems to require more force than EXP to get there and then shoots to max faster so I don't really like this one.

Save as a user template incase you want to reference in the future.

Hope that helps with PianoTeq

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines