March 28, 2024, 07:05:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 7 rumors, anyone?  (Read 3456 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
V Collection 7 rumors, anyone?
« on: December 06, 2018, 12:36:18 am »
Dec 5th marked a year since V6 was launched. Anyone heard any rumors about V7, whether it actually exists in development, and what additional instruments it might have?

I'm hoping it might come with an E-MU Emulator II, to compliment the CMI

Almost certainly not on the cards, though I'd love to have it, is a good Roland D50. The one that Roland make themselves is probably as good as you're going to get, but it's only available through the Roland Cloud. This new trend of moving over to subscription-based access to apps and plugins goes against the grain, and I will not ever sign up to anything like that, even if one day my stubbornness means I can never buy a new VST or app again.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: V Collection 7 rumors, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:15:34 pm »
Just seen Arturia are once again displaying at NAMM, 24-27 Jan '19. So maybe there will be some news from that direction?

Understandably Arturia staff are tight-lipped and won't respond here, but I had hoped this thread might develop into a lighthearted wishes and hopes thread. Not sure I've ever been part of an online users' community that's quite so dead since I stumbled upon the necrophiliacs area in Tinder.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:22:57 am »
There's some sort of announcement today. It looks like a new synth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31t95Cu6YIM
This space left intentionally blank.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:04:57 am »
Seeing that the software developers have been busy with Pigments this year, maybe this is the year we won't get a V Collection refresh.

Currently it doesn't look as though Pigments will be incorporated into a future V Collection. Actually as a potential purchaser of both, I hope it doesn't: I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I buy Pigments only to find it rocks up in a future V Collection along with other goodies for the same upgrade price.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:53 am »
I sure hope Arturia doesn't go the route of releasing a new V Collection every year, asking us to pay to upgrade again and again and again, on a yearly basis. That's insane.
In the past they have added instruments to a V Collection without charging extra.
I get that they need to make their money, but I hardly think they're not. They've got SO MANY products right now.
It's pretty annoying to be asked over and over and over to pay for upgrades. Especially when they generally want $150 to $200usd per pop.
This space left intentionally blank.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:06:16 pm »
I can see it both ways. I don't expect the developers to work for free, but when Arturia wanted €200 to upgrade from V Col 5 to V Col 6, that was a firm 'no' from me, and I waited until the upgrade price was dropped to €99.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines