March 28, 2024, 10:24:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ratcheting?  (Read 10845 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Ratcheting?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2019, 03:26:11 pm »
Hi Dr. J
Would you be able to have 7 repeats on a note for example with your idea for an implementation of ratcheting?
I suppose so, depending on how it would be implemented in the UI, e.g. holding a step button and turning the Mod Amount knob for any (reasonable) number of repeats. However that would kind of conflict with some other suggestions I've made for the sequencer, using the Mod Amount knob in conjunction with the three rows where it's currently not doing anything:
 - Display the notes on the patch number display, when playing or selecting a step and when holding a Step button and turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the note value for the step.
 - Hold Accent button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the velocity value for the step.
 - Hold Slide button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the gate length for the step, the Gate knob would then be a relative adjustment.
If using those 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 buttons, we could still have all of that, so that's why I made that suggestion for an UI solution.

Personally I'd be more than happy with the rhythmic variety offered by 1,2,3 and 4 subdivisions, but that may just be me :)

VAU

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 06:36:17 pm »
like i supposed long time ago:

one MATRIX page per bar and you could just choose ratcheting from 1x to 8x in the lower two 4line rows.
among other things you could do with one page per bar.

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2019, 05:47:44 am »
Guys I hope ratcheting is a feature of the next update we shouldn’t have to do work arounds....imagine pressing and holding  the 16th note button when in record mode and inserting ratchets in real time at the steps you want ....come on arturia let’s get it done !

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 09:33:20 am »
Hey.
Sorry for the disappointment, but it wasn't possible to make it part of the update.
It was too risky to add this in addition to the other new features (memory and processing wise) :'(
It is not excluded for the future but this may not be possible at all...
DGDGDGDGDG

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 01:49:03 pm »

This man needs to dig deeper.  :)

Joking aside: can I order a pizza from my MB when the update is delivered? 
If not, what kind of service are you providing here?

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 07:13:11 pm »
Hey.
Sorry for the disappointment, but it wasn't possible to make it part of the update.
It was too risky to add this in addition to the other new features (memory and processing wise) :'(

ok appreciate the update ..

endreola

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2019, 03:40:12 pm »
Well that's a bummer.. my main request got shot down.. will have to figure out an externally alternative method.

And I to also appreciate the heads up. 

guyaguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:03 am »
Hey all,

I made a video that might be helpful for some people to get ratcheting out of the MatrixBrute synth. Some of the concepts have been hinted at here but hopefully this makes things a bit more concrete. It involves 3 concepts: 1) essentially ignoring the envelopes altogether, 2) using an LFO as an Attack/Decay envelope to control the VCF and VCA, and 3) changing the LFO rate on steps where ratcheting is wanted like mentioned on the first page of this thread. Attack/Decay envelopes are common in Buchla and Buchla-inspired modular synths. They can be a more limited but the other modulation options can make up for it. Also I'm using the same LFO as an AD envelope here but theoretically you could use 1 for VCA and the other for VCF, FM, wavefolder, or whatever else.

Hope it's helpful!

https://youtu.be/qdPJKqQtRwc

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2019, 01:06:00 pm »
Thanks for the video!

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2019, 07:45:51 pm »
GuyaGuy gets it, makes it simple to use, deserves an award.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines