March 19, 2024, 10:07:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Colored Circle in Preset  (Read 10305 times)

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
Colored Circle in Preset
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:36:32 am »
Hi All,

I have read the manual and searched the web. In the preset area, what do the colored circles mean next to Name? I thought each instrument had a different color but that is not right (Buchla and Jup-8 are the same). They do not cycle in any simple order, nor do they change based on sound type.

Can they be changed?

It has no real purpose in my mind except in multi mode. That doesn't work because I used the Buchla and the Jup-8 and the circles are the same color.

Just curious as it just makes me think there is something important about them.

Barry

LBH

Re: Colored Circle in Preset
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 11:26:20 pm »
I don't think the dot's can be used to anything right now. You exlain why.

If the design of them for example actually made it apparant which applications that was used in a certain multipreset, and it was shown in the preset browser instead of the two white circles there is now to indicate it's a multi preset, then i could see a useful function for them.
Right now they are in a place where you aalready have the application name, and in a view also a picture of the application.

I don't mind the dots, but one does wonder, why they are there. If there is a meaning in the dots, then i also would like to know about it.

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 01:55:20 am »
Just noticed that in Analog Lab 4, the circles correspond with the keyboard range on the onscreen keyboard in combo patches.

See any combo "Welcome in India" is a good example

That is very cool

Barry

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 02:22:29 pm »
Yes it look like Arturia have chosen to use only 2 colors and give them a useful function to track parts, channels and keyboard ranges.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines