April 24, 2024, 09:29:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro - Skipping Notes - 2.0.1.6  (Read 2568 times)

Steve Turner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep Pro - Skipping Notes - 2.0.1.6
« on: November 29, 2018, 10:53:02 pm »
So I bought the BSP two days ago and noticed, like many before me, that the drum sequence is not reliable and skips notes quite frequently.

I have not found a fix anywhere and have negotiated a return of the device to the retailer.

Is there ANYTHING I should try first?  So disappointed this has been on the market a few years and this issue has been present since release. 

It is wonderful otherwise, but fundamentally flawed. 

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep Pro - Skipping Notes - 2.0.1.6
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 07:56:14 am »
I haven't used the MIDI output for drums in quite a while but do recall some issues last time I did.  I seems to be okay when running drums via the gate outputs.  I'm in the middle of rearranging my modules right now and so can't test to see how bad the issue on the MIDI output is until I have my instruments as I would like them to be.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

kostrz

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:05:52 pm »
usb sync; midi clock AUM->BSP; drum sequencer notes to iOS iElectribe or Grooverider (hosted in AUM) - no skipping notes so far. Bought mine 2 days ago, tested only 8 first notes

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 08:19:59 pm »
So I bought the BSP two days ago and noticed, like many before me, that the drum sequence is not reliable and skips notes quite frequently.

I have not found a fix anywhere and have negotiated a return of the device to the retailer.

Is there ANYTHING I should try first?  So disappointed this has been on the market a few years and this issue has been present since release. 

It is wonderful otherwise, but fundamentally flawed.

Hi Randomness and probability are right? 
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:01 pm »
I’ve used my BSPs with drums extensively, both triggers and midi out (not USB) for years, never had a problem. As mentioned, check random is at 0...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines