April 19, 2024, 05:45:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Putting All Arturia Instrument's Presets Into the Cubase Program Selector  (Read 2149 times)

nmccamy

• Apprentice
How can I put all Arturia Instrument's Presets into the Cubase "Program Selector"?
I want to use a Cubase macro to select the next preset in the instrument.

LBH

Re: Putting All Arturia Instrument's Presets Into the Cubase Program Selector
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Do you know about playlists in Arturias applications? And that you can use Program Change with those?
Do you know you can use your computer keyboards arrow keys to step thru presets?
Do you know you can program a control on your controller to step thru presets using MIDI learn?

I don't know if Arturias presets is availble for that function in Cubase. But it look like the function work just like Arturias playlists, if the info in the following link is still valid: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/recording/recording_selecting_a_sound_t.html

Also - Keep in mind Arturias preset browser system is quite powerful, and has a search function too. AFAIK Arturias presets does not show up in a instrument header i a DAW. I think it's the same with any vendors applications that have their own advanced preset browser system.

Using Analog Lab give you access to all the presets you have in all your V-Collection applications.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:43:40 pm by LBH »

nmccamy

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »
I just want to be able to load all of the presets into "Program Selector".  Waves Elements 2 has done this and it is wonderful.

I use Cubase macros to be able to step through the presets and do other things as well.  Cubase macros cannot work with vst plugin presets unless they are located in Program Selector.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:54 pm »
I don't have any third party plug-ins from any vendor that have an own advanced browser systems, that automaticly make all the presets avaible for my DAWs system.

I don't have any waves plug-ins, but i don't think Waves elements have an advanced preset browser system of it's own.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:00:16 pm by LBH »

nmccamy

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 08:20:22 am »
Yes, none of the Waves products have a browser system.  But it begs the question, why couldn't a plugin have both?

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 02:16:33 pm »
I'm not a technician. But i would say it's about having the ability in searching presets. And to be able to have more presets availble at a time. And to have a more flexible preset system. That's not compatible with the old system.

I don't think you can load more than 128 presets at a time in an old DAW preset system, unless it can load both all banks and presets at the same time so it's a 128x128 presets limitation. It's how MIDI from the early 1980's worked (when MIDI arrived).
If you read the article in the Cubase help link about the Program Selector, that i posted, then you'll see the lists is limited to 128 presets for a bank. It in a way work like Arturias Playlists feature.

I don't think you have any possibilities to for example search among all your Arturia presets, like you have with the new Arturia browser system.

But keep in mind, that DAWs have developed their own preset systems to.
Perhaps you can also save presets that include effects an more in your DAWs own system. But still you might not be able to search any of those presets either, unless your DAW have developed a search browser system to do that.

Also keep in mind, that the functions you ask for is in Arturias system, just like i wrote in my first answer in this thread.

Let me ask you: Does your waves plug-ins ever have more than 128 presets loaded in the selector at the same time, the way you ask about? If not, then what happens, if you try to load 129 or more presets at a time? If yes , then do you find it practical if you have many more presets, especially if you wan't to find a certain preset?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:56:53 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines