April 23, 2024, 12:30:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Roland DJ202 Sequencer  (Read 977 times)

Dean111181

• Apprentice
Roland DJ202 Sequencer
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:54:38 pm »
I'm trying to connect my DJ202 to my BSP via midi so I can control the DJ202s built-in sequencer using the pads and steps on the BSP.  When I start the 202s sequencer the steps flash on my BSP but I can't alter the pattern in any way; even the start button has no effect. I have tried fannying about with the settings in the MCC to no avail.

As you probably guessed, I'm pretty new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Roland DJ202 Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:06:39 am »
Some questions to consider:
Have you set them to the same MIDI channel? (BSP's MIDI channel in control mode/sequencer MIDI channel must be set to same as the DJ202 is set to).
Have you connected both MIDI in and out between the two machines?
Have you had success controlling the DJ202 with other MIDI device previously?
Have you had success using the BSP to sequence/control other MIDI instruments?

If you are using control mode, make sure your pad map is set to MIDI note numbers within any range the DJ202 may be constricted to.  As the BSP doesn't do MIDI THRU as such, there shouldn't be a MIDI loop interfering with the operation, so that can be removed from a source of the problem (not that what you have describe sounds as if that could be the issue).
If all is good with the connections and the channels match and your control mode pad map is good, then you probably need to consult the DJ202 manual as to what may be required to operate it remotely as it is the device which is receiving the data, not the other way around.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Dean111181

• Apprentice
Re: Roland DJ202 Sequencer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:46:46 am »
Many thanks megamarkd, will work my way through these when I get home, was a bit out of my depth here tbh

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines