April 16, 2024, 06:03:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Record Into the Sequencer By Playing A Keyboard  (Read 2549 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Record Into the Sequencer By Playing A Keyboard
« on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:27 am »
I only just upgraded to V Collection v6, from v4, and am loving the CMI and Syncavier.
Been watching vids on both, and I notice on the real CMI, the user could program the sequences (Page R) directly by playing the keyboard. That sure would be nice.
Pretty please?
This space left intentionally blank.

feilertsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Captain Walker
Re: Record Into the Sequencer By Playing A Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 09:19:35 am »
+1 on this!
I just started playing around with the CMI, and the "enter a note, drag to correct pitch" method of programming the sequencer is laughable.
I also found videos where the original CMI is programmed by playing notes into the sequencer with the keyboard.
I realize I can use my DAW for programming notes, but being able to use the CMI as a DAW inside a DAW (or DAW in standalone) would be more in line with, as the manual states, "sometimes the limitation is the secret for brilliant musical phrases."

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKEl_vIAdc

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:23:56 pm »
Was JUST about to post a request to make new notes in the sequencer page default to the root note of the sample being added, rather than always C3.
Totally forgot I'd posted this feature request. LOL
@feilertsen -- The thing about having a sequencer inside the instrument is that it changes pitch depending on the key you play on your keyboard, or the notes you program into the DAW's sequencer.
Pretty different beasts.  ;)
This space left intentionally blank.

JackJackdaw

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 09:27:09 am »
+1 Being able to record a sequence from the keyboard is a no brainer. I would even settle for being able to type in the note value but dragging with the mouse is a total chore. The sequencer shouldn't just be a token nostalgia trip, its a valuable utility that is currently unusable.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines