April 26, 2024, 02:46:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV input disable during self tune/ calibration access  (Read 1394 times)

standingwave

CV input disable during self tune/ calibration access
« on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:33 pm »
 I lost a day in the studio because the input CV f*^&ed up my internal tuning CV and it took me forever to find a correction. The MXB should have a way to calibrate the internal tuning and external CV should NOT affect the self-tuning procedure.

Lunatic Sound

Re: CV input disable during self tune/ calibration access
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:52:58 pm »
Man, I was thinking about posting this as an advice, cause I got lost for a while as well, trying to find out why the tuning would hang up...

I didnīt, just kinda forgot about it, but I should have, might have saved you the trouble... I feel sorry now.

standingwave

Re: CV input disable during self tune/ calibration access
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:32:22 am »
No need to feel sorry Lunatic, I'm glad you found a solution as well.
 Mine didnt simply hang though, the external CV input actually changed what the MXB thought was in tune. Even after the external CV was removed, when I ran the self tuning process, it tuned to a slewed pitch.I thought the synthesizer  was broken!
 The situation really shines a light on how the development of this synth needs attention.  There is not currently a documented way to calibrate the internal tuning. If I were about to perform with my MXB, and this happened... Hopefully the upcoming firmware update can look after these bugs/issues.
 Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines