April 18, 2024, 09:11:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KBD to cutoff  (Read 1417 times)

laxP

• Apprentice
KBD to cutoff
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
Hi, recently got an 2S and it's great
One issue I'm having is I can't get a 1-1 keytrack going with the filter cutoff, I'm using KBD out to Att 1 in and adjusting the key track amount that way. I can get it to track evenly for more than say half an octave.
Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong here?
C

Moho

• Apprentice
Re: KBD to cutoff
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:09:29 pm »
The way I do it is:-

Turn all the oscillators and brute factor off

Adjust filter and resonance to get a clear tone

Now play 2 notes an octave apart and adjust ATT1 till the 2 tones are an octave apart, (a guitar tuner helps here)  don't worry if they are not the notes your playing.

Now raise the volume of an oscillator and adjust the filter and tune it to match.

It won't be perfect but you'll have 1 octave pretty close, and of course 5 minutes later the temperature will of changed and you'll have to do it all again ::)

P.S. Arturia on your next synth please add a tuner they are so helpful with analogues  ;)

laxP

• Apprentice
Re: KBD to cutoff
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:39:41 pm »
Hey, thanks for the reply
Yeah, I used the same approach but can only get it to work for a very low octave. I'm guessing it's just part of how the filter behaves higher up.
Not a big deal really. On the other hand If finding the osc tuning really stable most of the time. It's fairly warm here at the moment though I'm dreading when it gets hotter, 40°c with no aircon and an analog synth probably isn't going to work so well
Thanks again
Alex

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines