March 28, 2024, 01:22:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep dreams  (Read 3225 times)

bruit

Keystep dreams
« on: November 16, 2018, 03:55:31 pm »
I'm starting this post in hopes of inspiring a Keystep MKII or at least a discussion. I'm a huge fan of Arturia the keystep. Anyone else out there who would like to see an updated and upgraded Keystep please share your Ideas. I hope to keep this positive. Please don't let this turn into a rant of all the things you don't like about the Keystep, that's not my intention for this post.

Hypothetically speaking:
What are some features you'd like to see added to the Keystep, in the event an MKII would materialize?

Here's my list of needed features:

A Time Division & Rate Speed that goes 5x to 6x faster. If it could go from whole notes to granular this would be my ideal.(A dedicated midi panic all note off would be needed with this, just in case)
A full size 37 key fatar style keyboard with all the same features, including velocity sensitivity and after touch.
A basic screen to show the clock timing values current speed would be much needed.
A way to adjust in real time the sequence & arpeggio gate with out necessarily having to use CV
An additional expression pedal IN
A OLED screen on the front to display the Arturia logo/keyboard name and any other desirable text. (Yeah, this is more than a stretch, but it's a dream post)
And keys that have lights, the same way Novation ripped off Native Instruments. (I gotta admit that is actually a really cool feature)

This is my short list, what is yours?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keystep dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 05:09:11 am »
I've asked for this in the past and have chimed-in on other Keystep mkii threads others have made.  You've listed pretty much all I've asked to add.  Not too fussed over making it a longer, full-sized keybed though, I'm pretty happy with the size it is currently.  Extra pitch CV and gate outs would rule considering it's a polyphonic sequencer.  Data entry dial next the screen would be good.  Screen should have function buttons under it to move around parameters displayed, a-la old Korg synths.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines