May 08, 2024, 04:47:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control Mode - Aftertouch Mode for Pads  (Read 2032 times)

pweitzel00

• Apprentice
Control Mode - Aftertouch Mode for Pads
« on: November 19, 2018, 01:27:31 am »
I like using a control mode knob to manually set aftertouch, sorta makes it like having two mod wheels on my Bass Station. It would be super rad if the pads could send aftertouch information as well, both real time so you could apply aftertouch to a sequence at any time and also a latching aftertouch mode with custom off/on midi values (being able to quickly latch from 0 to 127 on aftertouch's value could be useful to have a sort of "on-the-fly" variation on a synth sound)!

While I'm here... MCC has a sequence length knob for SEQ1 and SEQ2, but not for DRUM! Not a huge issue, but it was a tiny inconvenience for a moment there.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Control Mode - Aftertouch Mode for Pads
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 04:53:01 am »
Something tells me that AT on the pads isn't going to happen without new hardware.  With sequence length in MMC, try dragging the end of the sequence across as you do when resizing a window.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:40:01 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

pweitzel00

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:14 pm »
Considering it's an option to directly set AT value with a knob, even if it's not "real-time pressure based" I don't see why after touch couldn't be statically set by toggle/hold values from the pads without a hardware update. The pads are listed as transmissive of AT when used as a keyboard, too.

The complaint about the software comes from a place where I just felt like it was weirdly inconsistent.

Edit: this all also begs the question that if the pads do in fact measure after touch pressure, why can't control mode use pressure to send midi CC's? I can think of a billion applications for that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:07:46 pm by pweitzel00 »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:41:06 am »
Oh I forgot that the pad actually do send AT.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

naaman

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 01:31:18 pm »
yes please support AT as CC from pads
+1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines