March 28, 2024, 02:06:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Pads automated light sequence  (Read 5311 times)

dnsl

Arturia Pads automated light sequence
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:02:11 pm »
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible to have the pads' lights in an automated sequence. To have the lights moving by themselves automatically.
I know that I can activate the toggle function and have them constantly lighted up, but you'd like some movement similar to Razor keyboards.

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Denis L.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Arturia Pads automated light sequence
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »
Not sure about that, but there was an article somewhere about changing the color in the MMC to any particular color of the several in the palette, pad by pad or globally.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 09:12:26 am »
Hi dnsl and Tony FlyingSquirrel.
Don't know much about the goal for this, but yes it is possible. On a standard configuration, it needs to send midi notes between C1 and D#2 on midi Channel 10 ( corresponds to pads 1 to 16 on their default midi channel)
Here's how i would do this (Using Ableton Live, but the workflow is almost the same in other DAWS)

Activate Keylab Mkii MIDI in/out ports in Live Settings
Create an empty Midi Track in where you'll write your sequence of notes between C1 and D#2. This Track output needs to be sent to the Keylab Mkii on channel 10. Then play your midi track, and pads should light up following your sequence.

Of course, using the Midi Control center, you're free to change pads color, midi note and channel.

Hope this helps,
cheers.

dnsl

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:06:45 pm »
Will definitely try this! Thanks for the help!

shaboogen

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 12:07:24 pm »
Hi dnsl and Tony FlyingSquirrel.
Don't know much about the goal for this, but yes it is possible. On a standard configuration, it needs to send midi notes between C1 and D#2 on midi Channel 10 ( corresponds to pads 1 to 16 on their default midi channel)
Here's how i would do this (Using Ableton Live, but the workflow is almost the same in other DAWS)

Activate Keylab Mkii MIDI in/out ports in Live Settings
Create an empty Midi Track in where you'll write your sequence of notes between C1 and D#2. This Track output needs to be sent to the Keylab Mkii on channel 10. Then play your midi track, and pads should light up following your sequence.

Of course, using the Midi Control center, you're free to change pads color, midi note and channel.

Hope this helps,
cheers.

Sorry to necro a thread, but can colours be set on the fly in any way?

I remember writing some controller script for the Maschine Studio in Bitwig and using different velocities to have the pads show different colours.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:33 pm »
Not on the fly.
It's primarily done in the MCC.
Not sure about velocity values triggering different colors.
My presumption would be "No", there may be some addressing of this topic in the manual.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines