March 28, 2024, 01:52:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro not sending midi anymore  (Read 1866 times)

mass

Beatstep Pro not sending midi anymore
« on: November 16, 2018, 09:36:58 pm »
I was playing my vermona Drum though BSP drum seq (ch 10) and a nord lead 1 though seq1 and 2 (ch1 and 2) when sound suddently stopped.

I've tested both synths without BSP and both work.
I've tried hard reboots, downgrading the firmware and then upgradng it back (latest firmware is running it) and it still doesn't work...

Anyone knows what's happen to my BSP?
Anyone has experienced / solved anything close to this issue?

i need help.

mass

Re: Beatstep Pro not sending midi anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 09:21:19 am »
Quote:

Originally Posted by routine  View Post
I was playing my vermona Drum though BSP drum seq (ch 10) and a Nord Lead 1 though seq1 and 2 (ch1 and 2) when sound suddently stopped.

I've tested both synths without BSP and both work.
I've tried hard reboots, downgrading the firmware and then upgradng it back (latest firmware is running it) and it still doesn't work...

Anyone knows what's happen to my BSP?
Anyone has experienced / solved anything close to this issue?

i need help.
Few minutes after this post midi out suddenly came back. Relieved but not really happy cause I didn’t find why it went off and on.

I plugged it back this morning and it didn’t work. Moved the Bsp and it came back. Moved again and it stopped sending midi.
So I touched the mini jack midi din adapter and it came back.
Switched it with the other one I have (grey ones not the black clock adapter) and it did the same.
So I can say the midi out mini jack socket is faulty.

Do you think it could be repaired?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep Pro not sending midi anymore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:41:09 am »
Is it out of warranty?  Are you handy with tools?  If yes to both, pull it apart and have a look.
It's one of my greatest phobias having an instrument/musical device die on me because I've been careless with how I use it while it's plugged in or I've left leads hanging out of it for years on end.  Usually it's the power inputs that get wrecked generally from being moved while plugged in, but I've got a device with two sketchy audio-inputs after it fell off it's perch.  I've heard stories about sockets dying simply from having leads hanging out and down for long periods of time with gravity doing what it does.  I try to make sure that stuff on desks don't have anywhere for leads to snag if the device is moved and for things on stands having leads not hanging straight out of sockets without any support before the bend down to the ground.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines