March 29, 2024, 05:28:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep and Ableton Live Lite Problems...Help!  (Read 4208 times)

HumidCrispyCat

Keystep and Ableton Live Lite Problems...Help!
« on: November 21, 2018, 02:53:26 am »
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm new to this whole setup. Basically I bought the Keystep and installed everything just fine. My problem is that the Keystep only works with Ableton Live Lite when I am out of sync with Arturia's MIDI Control Center. The "User Channel" dropdown menu on the Control Center says "???" instead of a numerical value. When I sync with the Control Center and have a numerical value in the "User Channel" slot (say 1), the Keystep no longer is able to produce sounds with Ableton. I am new to this whole thing, but to me that doesn't seem right...What am I doing wrong here? I have tried messing with all the preferences in Ableton and whatnot, nothing works. The Keystep doesn't even show up in the "Control Surface" dropdowns of Ableton...even though it shows up as an Input and Output under the "MIDI Ports" section of Ableton preferences. I basically have to restart the entire setup and have even re-downloaded the latest firmware to put it out of sync to make it work in Ableton. On the back of the Keystep my switches are set to the "Internal" option, as it came from the factory. It seems like I should just be able to plug it in and it should work but that is not the case. Furthermore, I cannot assign different instruments to different MIDI channels to play different sounds over the sequencer. Anyways, yeah it's just frustrating. Any help or direction would be much appreciated, I just want this thing to work properly!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines