April 18, 2024, 11:55:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Invisible patch cables inside of DAW  (Read 4076 times)

bride

• Apprentice
Invisible patch cables inside of DAW
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:21 pm »
I tried the Easel as a plugin inside Ableton Live for the first time, and the patch cables are invisible. I can make 'invisible' connections where the cables should be, but the cables don't show up.
When I use the Easel outside of my DAW as a standalone instrument, the patch cables are visible so there's no issue there.

Any suggestions as to what might be the fix?

I have a stock Intel HD graphics card and the driver is up to date, i7-2600 processor.

LBH

Re: Invisible patch cables inside of DAW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:44:44 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Which version of Ableton live do you use? Is it fully updated?

Your I7-2600 has some years on it's back. I assume your graphics too. Does your graphics support openGL 2.0. I assume it does, as you can run Buchla V as a standalone. But just to be certain.

bride

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 07:36:48 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.

I have Live 10 Standard and it's fully updated. On the Intel site it says my graphics card supports OpenGL 3.1.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:54:49 pm »
Your welcome.

If that's the case, then i can only suggest, that you try to uninstall and reinstall your Buchla V.
If that does'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support thru your account.

EDIT: If you have'nt your Buchla fully updated, then updating might do the trick. But as you have everything else updated i presumed you have the latest Buchla version installed too. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:22:20 pm by LBH »

bride

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:42 am »
I just bought the V Collection last week, so the Easel is fully updated.

I uninstalled/reinstalled - didn't change anything. I'll contact Arturia support.

I appreciate the help. :)

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 10:48:34 am »
Hi Bride, and welcome on this board.
Sorry you're encountering such issue.
We had a similar one in the past, which has been solved by updating graphics card driver.
In the meantime, i saw that you contacted support team, and they answered to you at time of writing.
Please ensure that graphics card driver( what is the exact model of your card?) and buchla easel V are up-to-date (current Buchla Easel V version is 1.2.1.1782)
hope it helps,
cheers,

bride

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 04:36:45 am »
Hi Germain,

Thanks for the reply. I have followed up with support. I found that my graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 2000) does not have Windows 10 support, so I'm wondering if that may be the issue. And yes I have the Buchla up to date.

I'll post the issue/resolution here once it's looked at in case this occurs for other users.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:38:17 am by bride »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 09:00:43 am »
Hi Bride,
maybe i have a clue for this one then.
I did some research, and some win10 users managed to use latest win7-to-8.1 compatible drivers for their intel hd 2000 graphics card. I think it can be worth the try.
I would suggest then to :

check your graphics card driver version in device manager.

create a restoration point on your windows 10. if you don't know what it is , everything's quite well explained here : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

go on this page and download the last driver version (ensure to choose the right version between 32 and 64 bits) : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81502/Intel-HD-Graphics-2000
of course , if the displayed versions are the same than the one installed, it will not help.

Install the driver, then restart your computer.

Hope this solution will work for you, but obviously i can't guarantee this.

Looking forward to read you,
best regards

LBH

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:43 pm »
Does Ableton Live 10 have requirements for graphics, that demand more than your graphics can do?

It look like you can use your graphics, that you in your first post said was updated, so i skiped that. ALso because your graphics apparantly support the standalone Buchla V.
Normally i also would exspect, that you would have black screen, if your graphics did'nt work on a windows 10 system. But yes perhaps there are functions that don't.

Perhaps the things Germain suggest work. Fingers crossed.
But if not, then perhaps check the system requirements for Ableton Live 10. It look like it's only with Live you have issues.

Good luck.

bride

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 05:15:40 am »
Thanks Germain and LBH for your help. I tried the driver for the previous versions of Windows as you described, but it didn't work. I'm thinking I may need to upgrade my GPU.  :-\

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines