March 28, 2024, 11:40:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Increment through presets on hardware synths  (Read 1576 times)

robotecho

• Apprentice
Increment through presets on hardware synths
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:00:59 am »
I got a Keylab 61 MkII today. I am using it with Studio one but also with my hardware synths including two rack synths, a Matrix 1000 and Yamaha TX216.

I expected to be able to easily go through the presets on the rack synths by incrementing up and down with a control on the Keylab, but I can't see a way to do this.

Is there any way to do this? It seems like the most basic functionality for a midi controller and its been easy on all the other controllers I have had. If it really can't be done I may end up returning this because manually changing patches on the rack units is not something I would expect to have to do.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:18:57 pm by robotecho »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Increment through presets on hardware synths
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:14:56 am »
Hi robotecho,
i don't know much about your oberheim and yamaha rack synths, but if they are able to receive program change messages, or being able to receive control change messages, it should be fine.
The goal is to know what type of messages your rack synths are waiting to receive (sorry i can't help you further for these as i'm lacking knowledge on this specific hardware)
But once you figured out, on the keylab mkii,when on user mode, it is possible to configure switches under faders, directly on the keylab mkii, or using the MIDI Control Center Software , available here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
switches can be configured to send CC number(switched control) with a min/max value on the channel you want, this function is fine to browse through presets.
It can send also program change messages (with a program number, bank lsb, bank msb) in order to load a specific preset just by pressing one button.

Hope it helps a bit.
cheers,

robotecho

• Apprentice
Re: Increment through presets on hardware synths
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:17:39 pm »
Thanks for responding Germain, I think I worked out a way to do it. You can set up program changes as an automation in Studio One, and then assign an encoder to control it, this seems to work the way I was hoping it would.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines